Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dynamic reports hints

Default Pentaho Reporting issue

Hi,

I am preparing a report with 15-16 columns. The columns are as:

1. Date
    2. Registration, etc

When I deploy reports (xml files) on my local server (Windows), data for date is fetched from Java script and it appears in the correct format ie. 2009-11-01 but when the same is deployed on server with Linux machine, the date is trimmed and it shows as 2009-11-..

Same happens with Registration field label, In Windows server registration lable shows it complete but on Linux server it appears as Registrat..

I tried increasing the size of all the columns but then the report goes out of the page. ( I increased Report size, and its corresponding columns.)

Can anyone please help asap.

Regards
    Sakshi

The most likely cause of this is that your report uses fonts that are installed in Windows, but not in Linux. Install the fonts or re-design your report and you should be off better.

http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/Repo...TrueType+Fonts
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Default Customized Report Title after execution of the report

Hello Everyone,

I have very recently started working with Pentaho and will really appreciate some help as to how to customize the report name when it is stored in the server after a scheduled execution.

What I mean is, I have a report which is supposed to run at say 04:00 AM everyday. This I have scheduled in the Pentaho User Console as part of a Public Schedule (which was created in the pentaho administration-console and scheduled to run at the desired time).

Now after the report has been executed, it is present in a list in the Public Schedules under the user's Workspace in the Pentaho User Console.

I would like that the report name as displayed in this list of reports in the user workspace should be of the format ReportName_DateOfExecution_TimeOfExecution (for instance CustomerDetails_15/06/2012_04:00)

Could somebody suggest how should I achieve this?

Thnaks in advance!
    Last edited by amrita333; 06-15-2012 at 07:36 AM.

though the post is of almost five years back yet what the suggestions it contains are of use to this time but with the older version for sure.. i just come through this forum area in want of a similar solution posted here .. thanks..

your post is of immense help to me as i was juggling a bit with a trouble somewhat similar and required such a solution for a better fix .. I'm going to consider it in my sort of work now.. thanks.

I'm also working over the same application and with the similar parameters but not getting the desire result .. trying of the suggestions you have quoted here .. hopefully it will work for me

Hi

Anyone can please let me know if it is possible or suggest a way for below mentioned requirement :
    We need a Report with Dynamic number of Columns, based on the query passed from Java it should construct the report with those columns
    Which means column count and Labels are dynamic and pass from Java.

Thanks in advanced

Is there any more status on the crosstab capabilities of PDR? Preferably something that doesn't require a JAVA developer?

Thanks for any help.