Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: problem with the spoon.bat of 3.0.4

Default problem with the spoon.bat of 3.0.4

hi i am trying to execute the kettle version 3.0.4 GA (the first time that I try to execute that version), and i put correctly the j2se version and know when it try to take the external libraries have a problem with the mondrian librarie... has someone know what it happens? if i coment that row the spoon doesnt load. i am trying into a windows xp.

Which line do you comment (put a REM before)?
    What is the error message if you open command line and run spoon.bat there?

Christoph
    21 is only half the truth

it close so quick tha i hadn't read it before, so i dont put in the other post. its tells me that the line has incorrect sintax or the line is very big...it stops into the sentence
    FOR %%F IN (libext\mondrian\*.jar) DO call :addcp %%F

i put something to out before and after and if i coment that sentence bouth apear, but it dont run after all. and if i dont coment that sentence it stop and only write the first part.

Do you really use WinXP?
    We run into same error on a Win2000! There the command line is limited to something about 1900-1950 letters. The classpath will grow above this limit.
    I do not know whether this applies to WinXP.

I work around it deleting libraries we do not need. Candidates for deletion are unused JDBC drivers. These are not many but enough to limit the length of the classpath.
    If you understand the script you know you have to delete (or move) jars from the path as they are dynamically found.

Christoph
    Last edited by christophWeißenborn; 09-10-2008 at 06:36 AM.

yes sorry, you have reason i am working now in a computer with windows 2000 profesional thanks about your help. and sorry about my error...

Regards Saúl

Using kettle.exe resolves the issues on Windows 2k.

As kettle.exe is Spoon, is there an parameter available which tells kettle.exe to behave live kitchen or pan?

Christoph

Not yet, so far we haven't found anyone that wanted to do it, but I'm sure it's somehow possible.