Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Kettle3.0.4 fails to load step/plugins if App Server is in C:\Program Files\SERVERHOM

Default Kettle3.0.4 fails to load step/plugins if App Server is in C:\Program Files\SERVERHOM

I recently upgraded to kettle version 3.0.4.

Before the upgrade my application server was in C:\Program Files\SERVERHOME.

After the upgrade i get the following error when I try to run the Kettle Job
    Error Message:
    17:44:11,397 ERROR [ResolverUtil@3fdf63] org.pentaho.di.core.util.ResolverUtil@3fdf63 - could not read entries
    17:44:11,397 ERROR [ResolverUtil@3fdf63] org.pentaho.di.core.util.ResolverUtil@3fdf63 - java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in opaque part at index 20: jar:file:/C:/Program Files/jboss-4.2.2.GA/server/default/lib/synergylib/kettle-engine-3.0.jar!/org/pentaho/di/trans
    at java.net.URI$Parser.fail(URI.java:2816)
    at java.net.URI$Parser.checkChars(URI.java:2989)
    at java.net.URI$Parser.parse(URI.java:3026)
    at java.net.URI.<init>(URI.java:578)
    at java.net.URL.toURI(URL.java:916)
    at org.pentaho.di.core.util.ResolverUtil.findInPackage(ResolverUtil.java:205)
    at org.pentaho.di.core.util.ResolverUtil.find(ResolverUtil.java:178)
    at org.pentaho.di.core.util.ResolverUtil.find(ResolverUtil.java:184)
    As a result of the above error Kettle fails to load the steps/plugins and the Job execution fails.

As a work around when I have my application server in C:\SERVERHOME everything works fine.

Is this a know issue?

Sorry, never seen that one before.

The "joys" of windows file naming... install your app in another place than "C:\Program Files", somewhere below a directory without spaces in its name

PDI was made smarter with the Resolver functionality, but that breaks under certain circumstances. You can make a JIRA for it, but I don't know how easy it will be to solve.

Regards,
    Sven