Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Partial Table Output

Default Partial Table Output

Hi,

I'm trying to get a Table Output to only input part of the stream into the database. I know i can use Select values but i want to keep some of the other data in that stream to update another table once I get the returned keys from the original update.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Ron

Ron, I feel your pain. Getting a field mapping into that step has been long overdue IMHO.
    Fixing this is top priority for me actually.
    In the mean time, the workaround depends on the situation you're in. For example, you can use 2 transformations, one to insert and one to look up the inserted keys.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. I was using two steps previously until I saw the "Return auto-generated key" option which i thought would be perfect for what I was doing, but i couldn't keep all the columns in the stream because i got insert errors.

Basically I'm splitting data up from one table to three tables and I'm having a hard time visualizing how to maintain all the proper relationships between tables.

Thanks,
    Ron

See if you can use the combination lookup step, that one manages the primary key for a set of columns.
    It probably makes it easier to do the split.

That's exactly what i was looking for. Thanks