Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Building SplitFieldToRows 3

Default Building SplitFieldToRows 3

Hi

I am trying to build SplitFieldToRows to run on kettle version 3.0.4. It does not seem to build as it appears as if BaseStep..runStepThread(this, meta, data); method no longer exists in this version. I see that it does exist in trunk from svn but in the version 3 branch it is no longer found. Can anyone help me to build this plugin?

Didn't matt say Daniel went straight in with 3.1?
    This is a signature.... everyone gets it.

Join the Unofficial Pentaho IRC channel on freenode.
    Server: chat.freenode.net Channel: ##pentaho

Please try and make an effort and search the wiki and forums before posting!
    Checkout the Saiku, the future of Open Source Interactive OLAP(http://analytical-labs.com)

http://mattlittle.files.wordpress.co...-bananaman.jpg

Default Building SplitFieldToRows 3

Hi

I now built it against kettle-negine.jar (from trunk of kettle) and I got it built but it will not show up the gui in spoon. I can use the step but wont open the dialog box.

You can take the run() method from any other step in the 3.0 codebase as they are all identical.
    Because they're all identical we factored them out in 3.1.

Don't know about the GUI, try to explicitly specify the Dialog class in the StepMetaInterface.

Matt

Default GUi not working

I discovered the GUI is not working because SplitFieldToRowsDialog is not in the Version 3 code.

Any ideas where this can be found?

Default Run method

By run method do you mean:-

try
    {
    logBasic(Messages.getString("System.Log.StartingToRun")); //$NON-NLS-1$

while (processRow(meta, data) && !isStopped());
    }
    catch(Throwable t)
    {
    logError(Messages.getString("System.Log.UnexpectedError")+" : "); //$NON-NLS-1$ //$NON-NLS-2$
    logError(Const.getStackTracker(t));
    setErrors(1);
    stopAll();
    }
    finally
    {
    dispose(meta, data);
    logSummary();
    markStop();
    }

Default import org.pentaho.di.core.SimpleTokenizer;

I can not find import org.pentaho.di.core.SimpleTokenizer; in the version 3 kettle src? Does anyone know where it has disappeared to? This seems to be the reason why the plugin is not working

Default SplitFieldToRows

Hi

I have built the plugin (added SimpleTokenizer manually) and it seems to work in spoon in that I can use it. However I do not get any results using it.

I have attached the built version 3 plugin and a sample transformation. I expected it to Split up my string "A;B;C;D" into multiple rows and thus to see multiple alerts. Can someone tell me if I am using it incorrectly or if it is a problem with the plugin as I have built it?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Like I mentioned on IRC, set the ID of this step to "SplitFieldToRows3".
    That way it will be compatible with 3.1.

Matt
    Last edited by MattCasters; 09-18-2008 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Wrong plugin id, corrected to SplitFieldToRows3

Your example and plugin seems to work fine other than the id change.
    You just need to put a row generator before the first JavaScript step. It doesn't get any input, hence 0 rows are being processed.