Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Job Entry Types - Start

Default Job Entry Types - Start

Hello,

Please I have a question relating to the icon "Start" which is used to start a job. If I want to run a job daily then I need to chose "daily" from the list "type" and then set the time the job will start.

My question is what is the function of the first box "Repeat" when activated? Can my job run daily without the activation of the "Repeat box"? Or is it a safety measure that re-starts the job in case it fails?

Thanks for the answer.

EJ

You can only use the scheduling functionality as long as you keep spoon open... for the rest it's pretty obsolete functionality.

Regards,
    Sven

Quote Originally Posted by sboden View Post
    You can only use the scheduling functionality as long as you keep spoon open... for the rest it's pretty obsolete functionality.
    Hello Sven,
    Please in my case, I am running the job with kitchen so Spoon is closed. I wanted to run the job once a day starting from 00:00:00 (midnight). Normally the job will take upto 4 hrs to run. Then I discovered that after it finished running it started all over again from the beginning.

In the scheduling function I entered that it runs daily as from midnight and also activated the repeat box. That was the reason why I raised the question.

Please do you know the best way to make it run once a day using kitchen?

Thanks,
    EJ