Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Error on running steel wheel analysis

Default Error on running steel wheel analysis

I try to remove sample and test folders from the solution to make repository updating process faster.
    And now, I want to put the sample solution back to the repository, So I put sample folder to pentaho-solutions folder, and update the repositroy.
    When I try to access steel-wheels -> analysis-> Territory Analysis by Year, the result page comes empty and errors are thrown in the log (attached)
    Before I remove sample folder from the solution, the analysis xaction works fine...

Could someone give me insight on this ??
    Thanks in advance,

Specification:
    Pentaho on Tomcat
    Windows server 2003
    pentaho 1.7.0
    mysql 5.0
    tomcat 5.5.9
    jre 1.5.0_09
    Attached Files Attached Files

com.tonbeller.jpivot.olap.model.OlapException: Table 'sampledata.time' doesn't exist

Check your database settings
    This is a signature.... everyone gets it.

Join the Unofficial Pentaho IRC channel on freenode.
    Server: chat.freenode.net Channel: ##pentaho

Please try and make an effort and search the wiki and forums before posting!
    Checkout the Saiku, the future of Open Source Interactive OLAP(http://analytical-labs.com)

http://mattlittle.files.wordpress.co...-bananaman.jpg

Agreed -- in some databases the reserved word "time" can't be used as a table name. May need to quote it or rename it in the DDL, model, and samples.

I suspect that there is a table called 'TIME' in the 'SAMPLEDATA' database but it is upper case. MySQL on Linux is case sensitive by default whereas on Windows it is case insensitive. If so, the probable cause is the DDL script that created the database. The CREATE TABLE statement should have used quotes around the table and column names. If this is the steel wheels database, then I think this would be a Pentaho bug.