Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Errors about FK

Default Errors about FK

Hi ,

Can any one provide the solution for the below mapping errors.

I am getting source from MS SQL and MY SQL.Foreign Key is coming from MS SQL and NOT NULL and my primary key is Auto Increment.So i did n't mapped the PK column to output.So,I am getting error always like
    PART_CATEGORY_ID is NOT or NULL
    and WheelSize String(300) : couldn't convert String to number

Please suggest me which datatype we supposed to select for converting string values to numbers.

Regards,
    Pradeep.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Also attach the whole error messages... not just fragments (including the start of the line, ...)

Regards,
    Sven

No idea what you want to do with the merge join... you're joining on what ?

Take a copy of your transformation, erase all but the 2 table inputs and the merge join and see what you get out it. When you get the rows you want out of it, attach the rest of the transformation.

Regards,
    Sven

Default error text

hi sven,

Please find the attached errors file.I got PK error this time as PARTID is NOT or NULL

Regards,
    Pradeep.
    Attached Files Attached Files

As I expected... if you want to merge something you have to merge on the same keys. On the left and right hand side of the tables in the merge join dialog you have to have the same number fields of the same type.

So what is it you want the merge join to do?

Regards,
    Sven

Default Thq sboden

Hi Sven,

My requirement is to join two tables of different databases.Here I am doing FULLOUTERJOIN only why because I required only one field from the one table and multiple columns from other table.for normal join,left or right outer joins we need same key fields for comparison as per my knowledge.

if i required columns from hetrogenious sources which join i supposed to use here.Please suggest me.

Regards,
    Pradeep.

A join is where you say... combine 2 rows from different inputs where they key in both rows is (usually) the same (and for a full outer join, also input the rows which don't match either side)... so you need the same number of columns and the same data types on both sides also for a full outer join.

How else do you think PDI knows which rows to combine?

Regards,
    Sven