Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: issue executing a ktr from an xaction

Default issue executing a ktr from an xaction

hi,
    I have this issue:
    When I run a transformation from an xaction, it doesn't recognize the variables set in kettle.properties.
    Is there something that I should do and I'm not doing?
    Or do I have to create an auxiliary transformation which set all those variables before executing my main transformation?

thank you!
    mc

It gets read by the KettleComponent.
    As such, the location where it is looked for is $HOME/.kettle/kettle.properties where $HOME is the home directory of the user running the Pentaho BI-Server (platform).
    If you want to set KETTLE_HOME that is possible, but you need to set it in the startup scripts of the Pentaho BI-Server.

If you are using it from XACTION, you need to have your kettle.properties here if you do not already:

.../pentaho-solutions/system/kettle/kettle.properties

and double-check the read permissions to make sure the user running your container (jboss, tomcat, etc) has access.

Thanks, Darren!
    That's what I need to do.
    mc
    Last edited by Maria Roldan; 11-05-2008 at 11:27 AM.

Default a new issue

That worked!

Now I need to set the logging level to RowLevel, which is not the default level.
    How could I do that from the BI platform?

thanks!
    mc

Just run whatever you need to do in a job entry and set the logging level there.

This doesnt work for me in Pentaho 1.7.0 GA. So I have to put the kettle.properties in ~/.kettle which isnt great. We have a clean build built from the J2EE deployment jars.

Have I missed anything? Does it work for others? Is there anywhere else within pentaho-solutions i can put the kettle.properties file?

I'm having the same problem. I can run the ktr within spoon and it works, but if I run it through the xaction, I am not finding the kettle.properties, no matter where I put it. I'm using PDI 3.2.0 to create the ktr and pentaho 2.0 to create the xaction. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by codek View Post
    This doesnt work for me in Pentaho 1.7.0 GA. So I have to put the kettle.properties in ~/.kettle which isnt great. We have a clean build built from the J2EE deployment jars.

Have I missed anything? Does it work for others? Is there anywhere else within pentaho-solutions i can put the kettle.properties file?
    ~/.kettle is not the same as:

If you are using it from XACTION, you need to have your kettle.properties here if you do not already:

.../pentaho-solutions/system/kettle/kettle.properties

That location doesnt work for me in 1.7GA either.