Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: XML Input - No file specified error

Default XML Input - No file specified error

Hello,
    I'm having an issue with Kettle - Spoon version 3.0.3, and I'll admint, most likely it's user error. I'm trying to read in an XML file for XML input. I can browse to the file and select it, and it's contents get read in just fine when I try to preview my transformation. However, when I try to run my transformation, I get this error:

XML Input.0 - ERROR (version 3.0.3, build 569 from 2008/04/25 11:30:04) : No file(s) specified! Stop processing.

When I go back into the settings of my XML Input object, the file with my data in it is in the selected file list, so it's not that I'm not adding it. If somebody can tell me how to get it to run instead of preview, I'll be very thankful. The only other weirdness I've noticed is that when I save my transformation and exit Kettle, everything saves fine, but the filename for my xml file is always gone when I re-open Kettle.

Thanks in advance,
    Ryan

DEinspanjer Guest

Hrm. I tried it in 3.0.4 and couldn't reproduce what you describe. Could you try upgrading to either 3.0.4 or 3.1 and see if it still happens?
    Are you saving the transformation to a repository or to a .ktr file?

I downloaded 3.1 and it's working like a charm now. Thanks a whole bunch.

Ryan