Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: KettleXMLException

Default KettleXMLException

Hi,

I'm new to KETTLE, am trying to call the transformation ".ktr" file from the ".xaction" file in the weblogic server, am getting the following Error,

Can any one, help me out in resolving this error

Error: Kettle.ERROR_0015 - Could not load transformation transformation-file from resource pentaho-solutions\samples\analysis\CsvGroupsTransformation.ktr - be.ibridge.kettle.core.exception.KettleXMLException: Error reading transformation from XML file Unable to load step info from XML step node Unable to load class for step/plugin with id [CsvInput].Check if the plugin is available in the plugins subdirectory of the Kettle distribution. (org.pentaho.plugin.kettle.KettleComponent)

Thanks,
    Anand

psychic at work... ... I think you made a transformation using 3.x and are trying to run it against an earlier version.

The error means that the transformation contains a step of the type "csvinput", of which the code is currently not available.

Regards,
    Sven

Thanks,

I have made changes and its working fine with JBOSS server,

I need to implement the same Transformation in WEBLOGIC server,

Do i need to make any server specific Changes ?

I get the same error in WEBLOGIC ..

Error: Kettle.ERROR_0015 - Could not load transformation transformation-file from resource pentaho-solutions\samples\analysis\NewTxtTransVr16.ktr - be.ibridge.kettle.core.exception.KettleXMLException: Error reading transformation from XML file Unable to load step info from XML step node Unable to load class for step/plugin with id [TextFileInput].Check if the plugin is available in the plugins subdirectory of the Kettle distribution. (org.pentaho.plugin.kettle.KettleComponent)

Regards,
    Anand

You're somehow mixing versions... so check all the kettle jar libraries, and remove the ones of the old kettle.

How I see this... Your message is about "be.ibridge.kettle.core.exception.KettleXMLException" and also on "org.pentaho.plugin.kettle.KettleComponent".

be.ibridge is of v2.x and earlier, org.pentaho is of v3.x ... so your mixing versions.

Regards,
    Sven