Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: How to change language in User Interface BI Suite 2.0 RC1

Default How to change language in User Interface BI Suite 2.0 RC1

Hello,

I changed in web.xml the language Configuration form en into de. But the User Console is still in english. I also cannot find any translation file for the user console. What could I do to use the User Console in German language?

Regards
    Last edited by ITStruppi; 11-25-2008 at 10:48 AM.

Is there anyone who can help me? I want to use Pentaho in my language. How can I switch the User Console to my language? Please help me!

Thanks and Regards

Default alternative solution

u can edit all .cache files

at tomcat/pentaho/mante
    and mantlelogin

9CA66AAF3D224ED9F59DBE5400BE23EF.cache
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.cache

find > replace all

This is not really the official way to edit the language? If so, is it planed to edit the language by .properties-file?

Thanks

pstoellberger Guest

Actually I'm looking for a way to do that myself

Before 1.7 there have been some .properties files to do that... but obviously they are gone.

You can translate the Ad-Hoc Reporting by having a look into this folder: biserver-ce\tomcat\webapps\pentaho\adhoc\js\ui\messages\nls\

Please let me know when you find something on this topic

-paul

pstoellberger Guest

I just had a closer look at EE 2.0 GA release and there is a folder called: "biserver-ee\tomcat\webapps\pentaho\mantle\messages" with the .properties for localizing... so i guess you just need to wait until the community edition goes GA

-paul

According to my tests, the regional setting of the server determines the web page language if that setting is another than English. In that case the browser language is ignored. If the regional setting of the server is English, but the browser setting is not English, the browser language is used.
    See also http://forums.pentaho.org/showthread.php?t=60909

The newest version "2.0.0 stable" is designed very well:
    in the folder
    "\pentaho-server-ce-2.0.0.stable\biserver-ce\tomcat\webapps\pentaho\mantle\messages"
    there is the file
    "messages.properties"

You can create an individual file "messages_de.properties" for example for German language support and define in there the labels you wish (as you similarily did for the 1.7.1-version).

Currently there is only one file: "messages.properties". So there is only support for the English language. How are the further translations handled? If there is no German translation we could do this translation. When we're done we'll upload the file.

With kind regards,
    Lars

Create the translation, then create a JIRA case (in the BI-SERVER project; http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/BISERVER ) and attach the translation to that case.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Hi Thomas,
    thanks for the information.
    I attached our German translation of WAQR Ad Hoc Reporting (http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/BISERVER-2717), when we're done we'll create another Jira Issue for the German translation of the Mantle User Interface.

With kind regards,
    Lars

Hi,
    the German Mantle translation you can download here:
    http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/BISERVER-2721

Lars

Hi,
    Did anyone have found where are located the following text(see screenshot) :
    - Select Business Model
    - Make Selections
    - Customize Selections
    - Report Settings

Thanks in advance,
    Louis
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi Louis,

how did you manage to display accentuation? When I edit the .properties file, the signs don't appear correctly in Firefox (strage symbols appear instead). I tried to use codes such as Á and "&#195" but it didn't work!

Quote Originally Posted by campi View Post
    Hi,
    - Select Business Model
    - Make Selections
    - Customize Selections
    - Report Settings

Thanks in advance,
    Louis

These strings are in a file called message_strings.js. It should be in \tomcat\webapps\pentaho\adhoc\js\ui\messages\nls\<your language>.

Quote Originally Posted by campi View Post
    Hi,
    - Select Business Model
    - Make Selections
    - Customize Selections
    - Report Settings

Thanks in advance,
    Louis

Default Spanish Translation Ad-Hoc

Uncompress the file I had attached and paste it inside "nls/es" directory
    D:\proyectos\Datalytics-Demo-Custom\biserver-ce-3.5.2.stable\biserver-ce\tomcat\webapps\pentaho\adhoc\js\ui\messages\nls\es\message_strings.js

Regards from argentina

Jorge Arroyo
    Attached Files Attached Files