Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Still having problems with startup

Default Still having problems with startup

Hi,

I've got an postgre up and running with all converted DBs like Hibernate, Quartz, Shark. Access from another machine is possible.

When I start pentaho I've got this message in catalina.out:
    Code:
    12:25:35,534 ERROR [Logger] misc-org.pentaho.platform.engine.core.system.PentahoSystem: PentahoSystem.ERROR_0014 - Error while trying to execu
    te startup sequence for org.pentaho.platform.scheduler.QuartzSystemListener
    org.pentaho.platform.api.engine.PentahoSystemException: PentahoSystem.ERROR_0014 - Error while trying to execute startup sequence for org.pent
    aho.platform.scheduler.QuartzSystemListener
            at org.pentaho.platform.engine.core.system.PentahoSystem.notifySystemListenersOfStartup(PentahoSystem.java:398)
            at org.pentaho.platform.engine.core.system.PentahoSystem.init(PentahoSystem.java:376)
            at org.pentaho.platform.engine.core.system.PentahoSystem.init(PentahoSystem.java:256)
            at org.pentaho.platform.engine.core.system.PentahoSystemProxy.init(PentahoSystemProxy.java:36)
            at org.pentaho.platform.web.http.context.SolutionContextListener.contextInitialized(SolutionContextListener.java:137)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3764)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4216)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:760)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:740)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:544)
            at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:926)
            at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.java:889)
            at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:492)
            at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1149)
            at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:311)
            at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:120)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1022)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:736)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1014)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:448)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:700)
            at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:552)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:295)
            at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:433)
    Caused by: org.pentaho.platform.api.engine.PentahoSystemException: PentahoSystem.ERROR_0014 - Error while trying to execute startup sequence f
    or org.pentaho.platform.scheduler.QuartzSystemListener
            at org.pentaho.platform.engine.core.system.PentahoSystem.notifySystemListenersOfStartup(PentahoSystem.java:394)
            ... 28 more
    and http://IP:8080/pentaho/ gives me:
    Code:
    The following errors were detected
    One or more system listeners failed. These are set in the pentaho.xml under the node <system-listeners>.         PentahoSystem.ERROR_0014 - Error while trying to execute startup sequence for org.pentaho.platform.scheduler.QuartzSystemListener           
          Please see the server console for more details on each error detected.
    Could someone point me to the right DB Setup?
    Which files do I have to configure?
    And what exactly do I have to insert for getting Pentaho running with PostgreSQL?

Thank you in advance.
    Bye, Chris

Smile

Hi,

I finally got it running.
    I installed everything new and used HSQL for Hibernate, Quartz and Shark. For everything else I use PostgreSQL and set up a new connection for that Database.
    It's an awsome BI system!

Thank you
    Bye, Chris

I also had this issue when setting up Pentaho with PostgreSQL.

For anyone with this issue, who might Google up this thread: my problem turned out to be in my "Context" XML files (context.xml and/or pentaho.xml): my <Resource/> elements had validationQuery="select 1 from dual", which doesn't work in PostgreSQL. I changed that to validationQuery="select 1" (in all relevant places), and the error disappeared.