Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Help with Select Dashboard Component

Question Help with Select Dashboard Component

Pentaho 1.7.1
    CDF 2.0.1

I am using a select component to return a drop down of asset types. The asset type data field is comprised of various formatted character strings. i.e. 1) Type 2) Type Type 3) Type, TYPE and 4) Type, TYPE, Type. With a simple select statement in my xaction, 'undefined' is being returned to the select drop down list and for example data #3 and #4, the second word of the string would be returned to the list i.e. TYPE... I will attach files for a better example. Please help with possible if there's something I have set up wrong, can someone please advise.
    Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hello lkelly,

The select component need two columns so you should write a query like this and see if this work...

select distinct 1, assets.assettype as assettype from assets order by assettype

or instead the one (1) the number you want...

HIH
    Carlos E. Garcia
    BI Analyst
    www.sapian.com.co

Thanks Carlos,
    I changed the select as you suggested with two columns (select distinct 1, assets.assettype as assettype from assets order by assettype) and the types were returned as expected.
    I am using this documentation as a reference http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/COM/Components
    Is there another place where I can find more detailed documentation and examples for the Dashboard Components?

LeTonya