Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Error: BIRTReportComponent.ERROR_0016

Default Error: BIRTReportComponent.ERROR_0016

I'm using Pentaho 2.0-stable version and receiving this error when trying to open a BIRT report

Error: BIRTReportComponent.ERROR_0016 - Report engine has not been initialized by the BIRT System Listener. Verify that pentaho.xml has an entry for <birt> in the <system-listeners> section. (org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.eclipsebirt.BIRTReportComponent)

As I understand, there is no system-listener in pentaho.xml for version 2.0 anymore, and I don't know how to insert the BIRT system listener. I try to add :

<bean id="birtSystemListener" class="org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.eclipsebirt.BIRTReportComponent" />

in systemListener.xml file, but fail. My guess is that the BIRTReportComponent is no longer there, or it has been changed with something else.

Can anyone help me ?

It needs to be

Code:
    <bean id="birtSystemListener" class="org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.eclipsebirt.BirtSystemListener"/>
    HTH

Darrin
    Last edited by microdisney; 07-14-2009 at 09:51 AM.
    "If you want to increase your success rate, double your failure rate."
    Thomas Watson, Sr (former president of IBM)

Default BIRTReportComponent.ERROR_0016

I have the same error.
    Any suggest?
    Regards,
    Giorgio

I have the same problem.

Someone knows the solution?

Regards

Juan Carlos

Default I have same problem

When I put

<bean id="birtSystemListener" class="org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.eclipseb irt.BirtSystemListener"/>

in Listners my pentaho don t work
    Thiago
    Polos IT- System Analyst

Thiago, which version of Pentaho are you trying to run BIRT under?

my pentaho is 2.0 and the birt is 2_3_2 !!!
    Thiago
    Polos IT- System Analyst

Default Same problem

Hello all,

I try to do the some things.
    I have the 2.0 pentaho version and 2.3.2 Birt version.

I have the same problem.

I have add <bean id="birtSystemListener" class="org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.eclipseb irt.BirtSystemListener"/> the to my systemListener.xml file.

When I try to execute it I have :
    "Erreur : RuntimeContext.ERROR_0012 - [fr_33] ActionDefinition for BIRTReportComponent did not execute successfully (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext) Debug : [fr_21] Starting execute of samples/Reporting/TestBirtReport.xaction (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug : [fr_30] Getting runtime context and data (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug : [fr_33] Loading action sequence definition file (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug : [fr_34] audit: instanceId=27af89bf-24f0-11de-9aca-5707da54c19b, objectId=org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext, messageType=action_sequence_start (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    [fr_14] Error: BIRT.ERROR_0007 - Erreur à lexécution du rapport {0} - org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: The design file has error and can not be run. (org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.eclipsebirt.BIRTReportComponent)
    Erreur : RuntimeContext.ERROR_0012 - [fr_33] ActionDefinition for BIRTReportComponent did not execute successfully (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    Erreur : SolutionEngine.ERROR_0007 - [fr_27] Action sequence execution failed (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)"

Someone have found the solution?

Thank you in advance.

Nicolas.
    Last edited by nicolas.soyeur; 04-09-2009 at 06:22 AM.

In my case the problem was that i found a wrong code line on the forum=)

You need to use not the
    Code:
    <bean id="birtSystemListener" class="org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.eclipseb  irt.BirtSystemListener"/>
    but
    Code:
    <bean id="birtSystemListener" class="org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.eclipsebirt.BirtSystemListener"/>

Hello,

i am looking for a solution for this problem, to integrate a birt report into pentaho.

There are many people who have the same issue. Are there any solutions?

The most problems are that exceptions:

BIRT.ERROR_0007:
    Code:
    FailedError: BIRT.ERROR_0007 - error running report C:\.....\birt_pentaho.rptdesign - org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: The design file <stream> has error and can not be run. (org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.eclipsebirt.BIRTReportComponent)Debug: Starting execute of MyF/Actions/Birt_pent.xaction (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug: Getting runtime context and data (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug: Loading action sequence definition file (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug: audit: instanceId=ad641889-707b-11de-b66d-6b80e9638009, objectId=org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext, messageType=action_sequence_start (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    Error: BIRT.ERROR_0007 - error running report C:\....\birt_pentaho.rptdesign - org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: The design file <stream> has error and can not be run. (org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.eclipsebirt.BIRTReportComponent)
    Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0012 - ActionDefinition for BIRTReportComponent did not execute successfully (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0007 - Action sequence execution failed (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)

Server Version: Pentaho Platform Engine Core 3.0.0.M1.36789
    or that famous exception:
    ERROR_0016

Code:
    Error: BIRTReportComponent.ERROR_0016 - Report engine has not been initialized by the BIRT System Listener. Verify that pentaho.xml has an entry for <birt> in the <system-listeners> section. (org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.eclipsebirt.BI RTReportComponent)

Are there any general solutions to integrate a birt report into pentaho?

Following manuals I tried, but without success:
    1)
    http://www.stratebi.es/Bugs/birt/Int...taho%202.0.pdf
    2)
    http://forums.pentaho.org/showpost.p...89&postcount=4
    3)
    http://www.osbi.fr/?tag=pentaho
    4)
    http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/Serv...rt+Definitions

A general manual which works, would be great. A lot of pentaho / birt user are looking for that.

Thank you.

Bye
    ManInBlack
    Last edited by ManInBlack; 08-27-2009 at 03:43 AM.

Default HOWTO: Birt 2.3 in Pentaho 3.0.1

The steps below should allow you to get your Eclipse BIRT working in Pentaho 3.0. Support for BIRT reports in Pentaho is not complete, so you may still see errors, but this should get you going...
    (I haven't tested this on other Pentaho versions (3.5) or Eclipse BIRT versions (2.5), but the same steps should apply)

• add a BIRT System Listener to pentaho-solution/system:

Code:
    <bean id="birtSystemListener" class="org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.eclipsebirt.BirtSystemListener" />
    • download the birt 2.3 runtime.
    • delete all entries in pentaho-solution/system/BIRT/configuration and pentaho-solution/system/BIRT/plugins
    • extract config.ini from your downloaded birt-runtime/ReportEngine/configuration to pentaho-solution/system/BIRT/configuration
    • extract everything from your downloaded birt-runtime/ReportEngine/plugins to pentaho-solution/system/BIRT/plugins
    • copy your JDBC driver to org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc_2.3.2.r232_v20090212/drivers
    • extract everything from birt-runtime/ReportEngine/lib to tomcat/webapps/pentaho/WEB-INF/lib
    • remove any old jars for which a new version was added to tomcat/webapps/pentaho/WEB-INF/lib (for example: you'll have a chartengineapi.jar and a chartengineapi-2.2.1.jar. chartengineapi.jar is newer, so remove chartengineapi-2.2.1.jar).

You should now be able to start your Pentaho server and run BIRT reports from your action sequences.
    Post back here if you run into problems...

Regards,

Bart

Hi -
    The BIRT.ERROR_0007: is somewhat of a generic error as you may well know. However, in my experience many times this occurs simply because the version of your designer is not in alignment with the BIRT server version. In many cases you can get your report to run by changing the version manually in your report definition by going into the XML within the report designer and modifying the version number in the header.

Hi,

thank you all, i could get it working.
    (I needed a lot of efforts, that it run.)
    I just have another problem, because pentaho don´t find the oda driver, but i would like to open a new thread.

Bye
    ManInBlack

Bonjour à tous,

Si vous avez besoin de la traduction en français de la procédure de maj de birt (2.5) dans Pentaho 3.0.0 indiquée par bamaer, c'est ici :
    http://www.osbi.fr/?p=595

Sylvain
    www.osbi.fr