Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Pentaho Open Flash Chart integration

Post Pentaho Open Flash Chart integration

Hai EveryBody,

I am new to Open Flash Charts ..

i want to integrate OpenFlashChart with Pentaho..

i followed the below url..
    http://code.google.com/p/pentahoflas...GettingStarted
    but unfortunately i cant proceed with the below step
    Copy the file $OFC_HOME/xstream-1.3.jar and ofc4j105.jar" to $PENTAHO_HOME/jboss/server/default/deploy/pentaho.war/WEB-INF/lib (Pentaho 2.x: $PENTAHO_HOME/tomcat/webapps/pentaho/WEB-INF/lib/)

Any one can u help me in integration pentaho with open flashchart..

please any one specify the steps to achieve this integration...

Hi, for me it's also not working... Would be interested in a solution, too

The xstream-1.3.jar can be found on the net (use google). But the Problem ist, that there is no ofc4j105.jar...

Greetings,
    Roman

The missing files can be found at:

http://code.google.com/p/ofcj/

Please report your findings/results here...

Default File Locations

Hi All,

I also had a lot of issues finding ofc4j105.jar and xstream-1.3.jar
    They can both be found at http://code.google.com/p/pentahoflas...#svn/trunk/lib

or at the google code code site; click on source, then trunk then lib

I also had problems with the files downloading at a smaller size than they were supposed to be and not working correctly so check the sizes after download.

Hope this helps save someone some time.

Good News on this front -

We are planning to incorporate this project into the next Platform release of the suite - currently scheduled for release in late March.

Release Candidates will be made available earlier (within next few) weeks along with working samples.

Stay tuned...

-Jake

Question Still getting errors on OFC

After finding the two jar files noted in this post I attempted to run the samples but continue to get the following error:

Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0009 - Could not create component com.google.code.pentahoflashcharts.OpenFlashChartComponent - java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.google.code.pentahoflashcharts.OpenFlashChartComponent (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    Debug: Starting execute of openflashchart/charts/ofc_barchart_3D.xaction (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug: Getting runtime context and data (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug: Loading action sequence definition file (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug: audit: instanceId=14da3691-06a1-11de-b33d-4593299c3789, objectId=org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext, messageType=action_sequence_start (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    Debug: validateComponent validating component SQLLookupRule (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    Debug: Validating component for action ofc_barchart_3D.xaction (org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.sql.SQLLookupRule)
    Debug: validateComponent validating component com.google.code.pentahoflashcharts.OpenFlashChartComponent (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0009 - Could not create component com.google.code.pentahoflashcharts.OpenFlashChartComponent - java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.google.code.pentahoflashcharts.OpenFlashChartComponent (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0006 - Action components do not validate: ofc_barchart_3D.xaction (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0006 - Action sequence validation failed (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Server Version: Pentaho Platform Engine Core 2.0.0.stable.35509

I did the following:

1) Copied xstream-1.3.jar and ofc4j105.jar to $PENTAHO_HOME/tomcat/webapps/pentaho/WEB-INF/lib/
    2) Copied open-flash-chart.swf to $PENTAHO_HOME/tomcat/webapps/pentaho-styles/images/
    3) Copied pentahoflashchart-VERSION.jar" to $PENTAHO_HOME/tomcat/webapps/pentaho/WEB-INF/lib/
    4) Add the following to $PENTAHO_HOME/pentaho-solutions/system/systemListeners.xml
    <bean id="OpenFlashChartSystemListener" class="com.google.code.pentahoflashcharts.OpenFlashChartSystemListener"/>

5) Shut down nad restarted the pentaho service.

Did I miss a step somewhere ?

Default Issues with Jar Files

Hi Bolek,

I was getting this error when I had an incomplete version of the version.jar file. Maybe check that the file(s) are the correct size as listed on the google code site. If not try to re-download.

Smile

hi

i did flash integration successfully . if u want detail i will help you.
    feel free to contact me

mohan

mohan.cheepu@gmail.com

www.vertizone.com

I've followed the steps from http://code.google.com/p/pentahoflas...GettingStarted and I've copied all the files from pentahoflashchart-dist-0.1-r132.zip also including ofc4j105.jar and xstream-1.3.jar.
    I've refreshed the repository from administrator console.
    When I try to see the Open Flash Chart Example I get this error:

ActionDefinition for com.google.code.pentahoflashcharts.OpenFlashChartComponent did not execute successfully (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    Base.ERROR_0002 - Execution failed - ofc4j.OFCException: {"ofc4j.model.Chart": { "title": { "text": "Bar Chart--Product \"1948 Porsche 356-A Roadster\"", "style": " font-family: Ariel; font-size: 14px; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal" }, "x_axis": { "colour": "#909090", "3d": 5, "labels": { "labels": [ "Jan", "Feb", "Mar", "Apr", "May", "Jun", "Jul", "Aug", "Sep", "Oct", "Nov", "Dec" ] } }, "y_axis": { "colour": "#909090", "steps": 200000, "min": 0, "max": 2000000 }, "y_legend": { "text": "Sold Price", "style": " font-family: Ariel; font-size: 14px; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal" }, "x_legend": { "text": "Day", "style": " font-family: Ariel; font-size: 14px; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal" }, "elements": [ { "type": "bar_3d", "values": [ { "top": 659582,29 }, { "top": 673928,15 }, { "top": 688204,65 }, { "top": 664101,3 }, { "top": 779546,01 }, { "top": 452579,07 }, { "top": 485587,99 }, { "top": 552132,91 }, { "top": 474900,12 }, { "top": 938774,21 }, { "top": 1798938,52 }, { "top": 650363,15 } ], "colour": "#D54C78" } ] }} (com.google.code.pentahoflashcharts.OpenFlashChartComponent)
    [es_116] Debug: [es_15] executeComponent finished audited execute (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    [es_161] Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0012 - [es_33] ActionDefinition for com.google.code.pentahoflashcharts.OpenFlashChartComponent did not execute successfully (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    [es_116] Debug: [es_34] audit: instanceId=7a504125-0f00-11de-9fc9-3dbae0ad6e33, objectId=org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext, messageType=action_sequence_failed (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    [es_161] Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0007 - [es_27] Action sequence execution failed (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)

Which can be the problem?

hi
    I think the exception due to ofc4j105.jar file missing.let me know which version of pentaho u r using ?. I did flash integration .it works for me . if u contact me i may help you.

Regards
    mohan
    mohan.cheepu@gmail.com
    Bangalore

If you haven't noticed if you want to try 3.0RC1 or wait until .stable it will contain built in OFC support.

tom
    This is a signature.... everyone gets it.

Join the Unofficial Pentaho IRC channel on freenode.
    Server: chat.freenode.net Channel: ##pentaho

Please try and make an effort and search the wiki and forums before posting!
    Checkout the Saiku, the future of Open Source Interactive OLAP(http://analytical-labs.com)

http://mattlittle.files.wordpress.co...-bananaman.jpg

I'm using CDF 3.0 Lisbon and Pentaho platform 2.0.0.stable
    Some of the xactions are working, but some of them don't.
    I think some swf is missing or there are problems with the ofc4j105.jar I've downloaded

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mohan_466 View Post
    hi

i did flash integration successfully . if u want detail i will help you.
    feel free to contact me

mohan

mohan.cheepu@gmail.com

www.vertizone.com
    Hi Mohan..

Were you able to get the sample BarLine Chart to correctly display (specifically ofc_barLine_chart.xaction that works with ofc_barline.txt)? I am getting the following error:

Code:
    [es_161] Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0012 - [es_33] ActionDefinition for com.google.code.pentahoflashcharts.OpenFlashChartComponent did not execute successfully (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)[es_116] Debug: [es_21] Starting execute of openflashchart/charts/ofc_barLinechart.xaction (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)
    [es_116] Debug: [es_30] Getting runtime context and data (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)
    [es_116] Debug: [es_33] Loading action sequence definition file (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)
    [es_116] Debug: [es_34] audit: instanceId=84b64dd9-1407-11de-a0e3-17f08ca877e8, objectId=org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext, messageType=action_sequence_start (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    [es_116] Debug: [es_1] validateComponent validating component SQLLookupRule (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    [es_116] Debug: [es_75] Validating component for action ofc_barLinechart.xaction (org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.sql.SQLLookupRule)
    [es_116] Debug: [es_1] validateComponent validating component com.google.code.pentahoflashcharts.OpenFlashChartComponent (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    [es_116] Debug: [es_75] Validating component for action ofc_barLinechart.xaction (com.google.code.pentahoflashcharts.OpenFlashChartComponent)
    [es_116] Debug: [es_42] Executing action sequence (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    [es_116] Debug: [es_24] Executing action definition: Iteration 0 (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    [es_116] Debug: [es_34] audit: instanceId=84b64dd9-1407-11de-a0e3-17f08ca877e8, objectId=SQLLookupRule, messageType=component_execution_started (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    [es_116] Debug: [es_3] execute pre-audit (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    [es_116] Debug: [es_21] Setting component log level to DEBUG (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    [es_116] Debug: [es_11] Initializing component (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    [es_116] Debug: [es_4] executeComponent starting audited execute (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    [es_116] Debug: [es_94] execute validation=true (org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.sql.SQLLookupRule)
    [es_116] Debug: Running query - timeout [-1 seconds] - SELECT      PRODUCTS.PRODUCTLINE AS LINE,      SUM(ORDERFACT.TOTALPRICE) AS TOTAL,      SUM(ORDERFACT.QUANTITYORDERED*PRODUCTS.BUYPRICE) AS COST,      SUM(ORDERFACT.QUANTITYORDERED*PRODUCTS.BUYPRICE)*100/SUM(ORDERFACT.TOTALPRICE) AS MARGIN FROM      PRODUCTS INNER JOIN ORDERFACT ON PRODUCTS.PRODUCTCODE = ORDERFACT.PRODUCTCODE GROUP BY      PRODUCTS.PRODUCTLINE ORDER BY      PRODUCTS.PRODUCTLINE ASC (org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.sql.SQLLookupRule)
    [es_116] Debug: Executing query with timeout value of [-1] (org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.sql.SQLLookupRule)
    [es_116] Debug: [es_15] executeComponent finished audited execute (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    [es_116] Debug: [es_19] execute post-audit (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    [es_116] Debug: [es_34] audit: instanceId=84b64dd9-1407-11de-a0e3-17f08ca877e8, objectId=SQLLookupRule, messageType=component_execution_ended (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    [es_116] Debug: [es_34] audit: instanceId=84b64dd9-1407-11de-a0e3-17f08ca877e8, objectId=com.google.code.pentahoflashcharts.OpenFlashChartComponent, messageType=component_execution_started (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    [es_116] Debug: [es_3] execute pre-audit (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    [es_116] Debug: [es_21] Setting component log level to DEBUG (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    [es_116] Debug: [es_11] Initializing component (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    [es_116] Debug: [es_4] executeComponent starting audited execute (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    [es_116] Debug: [es_94] execute validation=true (com.google.code.pentahoflashcharts.OpenFlashChartComponent)
    [es_14] Error: Base.ERROR_0002 - Ejecución fallida del Componente - java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "" (com.google.code.pentahoflashcharts.OpenFlashChartComponent)
    [es_161] Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0012 - [es_33] ActionDefinition for com.google.code.pentahoflashcharts.OpenFlashChartComponent did not execute successfully (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    [es_116] Debug: [es_34] audit: instanceId=84b64dd9-1407-11de-a0e3-17f08ca877e8, objectId=org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext, messageType=action_sequence_failed (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    [es_161] Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0007 - [es_27] Action sequence execution failed (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)

Server Version: Pentaho Platform Engine Core 2.1-SNAPSHOT.development
    BTW... I am using bi-server-ce 2.0 with W/XP.

Thanks for any help you may provide.

Daniel
    Last edited by DMurray3; 03-18-2009 at 06:06 PM. Reason: to specify the sample file being used

Hi Daniel I have the same problem

hi

let me know which version of pentaho .

regards
    mohan

www.vertizone.net

Hi Mohan... thanks for the interest...

Pentaho version is bi-server-ce 2.0 with W/XP (as noted at the end of my post...).

Regards, Daniel Murray

Where canI find the ofc4j105.jar file. I downloaded and copied pentahoflashchart-0.1-r132.jar in web-inf\lib but still getting error

Error: Base.ERROR_0002 - Component execution failed - java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ofc4j/model/elements/Element (com.google.code.pentahoflashcharts.OpenFlashChartComponent)
    Debug: Executing query with timeout value of [0] (org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.sql.SQLLookupRule)
    Error: Base.ERROR_0002 - Component execution failed - java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ofc4j/model/elements/Element (com.google.code.pentahoflashcharts.OpenFlashChartComponent)
    Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0012 - ActionDefinition for com.google.code.pentahoflashcharts.OpenFlashChartComponent did not execute successfully (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0007 - Action sequence execution failed (com.pentaho.core.solution.ProSolutionEngine)

I´m facing the same issue. Are someone solved the problem?.

Just i have solved my problem!! It come from a bad definition of my chart template. For a pie chart, i found this example in forums, which works fine:
    <chart>
    <chart-type>PieChart</chart-type>
    <title>OFC Pie Chart Sample</title>
    <isAnimate>true</isAnimate>
    <chart-background type="color">#DEFBDB</chart-background>
    <slice>
    <datas>
    <sql-column-index>2</sql-column-index>
    <values></values>
    </datas>
    <labels>
    <sql-column-index>1</sql-column-index>
    <values>15,10</values>
    </labels>
    <color-palette>#FF9900,#6633FF,#FF3399,#FFFF00</color-palette>
    </slice>
    </chart>

Regards!

Default Help

hi

I'm also trying to integrate pentaho flash chart.
    I did the all steps in http://code.google.com/p/pentahoflashcharts/wiki/GettingStarted
    but it's still not working.
    hope any one can help me with it

thanks..

Hi
    i've, on production, a bi server 2.0 version. From this page - http://code.google.com/p/pentahoflas...downloads/list - seems that ofc are only for biserver 3.0: where i can find a right version for biserver 2.0?
    Thanks

--Marco

Hi, i have this error:

[es_161] Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0012 - [es_33] ActionDefinition for OpenFlashChartComponent did not execute successfully (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)[es_116] Debug: [es_21] Starting execute of OpenFlash/Graficas/openFlashDinamico.xaction (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)
    [es_116] Debug: [es_30] Getting runtime context and data (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)
    [es_116] Debug: [es_33] Loading action sequence definition file (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)
    [es_116] Debug: [es_34] audit: instanceId=0dfa5f9f-ffd6-11de-8904-35a45b3485be, objectId=org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext, messageType=action_sequence_start (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    [es_14] Error: Base.ERROR_0002 - Ejecución fallida del Componente - java.lang.RuntimeException: ofc4j.OFCException: {"ofc4j.model.Chart": { "title": { "text": "Ventas por Producto", "style": "font-family: Arial; font-size: 18px; font-weight: bold; font-style: normal;" }, "x_axis": { "stroke": 1, "colour": "#CCCCCC", "grid-colour": "#ffffff", "offset": 1, "3d": 1, "labels": { "labels": [ "Vendedor 11", "Vendedor 19", "Vendedor 22", "Vendedor 9" ] } }, "y_axis": { "stroke": 1, "colour": "#000000", "grid-colour": "#eaeaea", "steps": 15315, "min": 0, "max": 122520 }, "y_legend": { "text": "Monto", "style": "font-family: Arial; font-size: 14px; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal;" }, "x_legend": { "text": "Vendedor", "style": "font-family: Arial; font-size: 14px; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal;" }, "bg_colour": "#FFffff", "inner_bg_colour": "#ffffff", "elements": [ { "type": "bar_3d", "alpha": 0.95, "text": "Monto", "values": [ { "top": 91892,8 }, { "top": 74266,3 }, { "top": 37368,2 }, { "top": 22796,9 } ], "colour": "#7b0002" } ] }} (org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.openflashchart.OpenFlashChartComponent)
    [es_161] Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0012 - [es_33] ActionDefinition for OpenFlashChartComponent did not execute successfully (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)

Server Version: Pentaho Platform Engine Core 3.5.0.stable.39705

Pentajo Version: biserver-ce-3.5.0.stable

Thanks

Orison San Juan G.

Hi!
    Looks like the same problem I had some time ago.
    The problem is that some locales uses "," instead of a "." for decimals which causes an error with JSON.
    I got the tip from another community member to modify the “ConverterBase.class” in the OFC4 package and set it to a locale that uses “.” instead of “,”.
    I've attached my modified class that uses Locale.US. Use a zip-tool to insert it into “ofc4j-1.0-alpha5-pentaho-0.3.jar” .

Br,
    Andreas
    Attached Files Attached Files

Does anyone know where I can get this source code for this jar?

ofc4j-1.0-alpha5-pentaho-0.3.jar?!?!?

Thanks

You don´t need modify any class, take a look at the Language and Regional Configuration, in your Windows Control Panel.
    I hope this help.

I'm trying to see how the setOn_click works...I can open a URL from my chart but not a javascript function.

Default Float Problem

I have the open flash charts integrated with Pentaho and maybe your problem are not on those files. I found that the dataset must have only integer values. Therefore, if your charts were made to plot values that are not integer, you will have an error message.

Hope that helps.

Thx,

Geraldo Franciscani.