Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Problem with Excel generation

Default Problem with Excel generation

Hi all,

I've generated a CSV report but the final report has extra lines between each pair of lines. How can I avoid these extra lines generation?

Thanks in advance.

Have you got the dynamic content flag set to true for any of the fields in the item band? I find that tends to cause those blank lines to appear.

Wil

Hi Wil,

I've unset the Dynamic Content flag but it didn't change anything, the result was the same.

In that case make sure every thing lines up exactly. IE all the items in the item band have a y cord of 0 and the height of the band is set to the same height as the items. If you have gaps you will get extra blank rows. The same goes for the headers and footers. You'll probably have to explicitly set the location in the properties panel as dragging stuff around tends to be a little inaccurate.

Wil

The problem is solved: there was an unused rectangle in the item band, and when I removed it, the extra lines disappeared.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by wselwood View Post
    In that case make sure every thing lines up exactly. IE all the items in the item band have a y cord of 0 and the height of the band is set to the same height as the items. If you have gaps you will get extra blank rows. The same goes for the headers and footers. You'll probably have to explicitly set the location in the properties panel as dragging stuff around tends to be a little inaccurate.

Wil