Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: CDF select component character escape

Default CDF select component character escape

Hi,
    I'm trying to get to grips with CDF 3 under Pentaho 2.0. I am using the select component. I am populating it from an xaction. I guess that the select component only uses the first two elements of the result set. I guess that the first element is the select option value and the second element is the select option content.

It seems (from poking about with firebug) that what comes back from the AJAX request is a fragment of html like

Code:
    <tr><th>ID</th><th>PERIODDATE</th></tr>
    <tr><td align="right">1,126</td><td>2007-07-29 00:00:00.0</td></tr>
    <tr><td align="right">1,146</td><td>2007-07-30 00:00:00.0</td></tr>
    <tr><td align="right">1,147</td><td>2007-07-31 00:00:00.0</td></tr>
    Then my select control is shows very oddly. Both the option value and content is the part of the first TD after the comma (so 126 then 146 then 147 in the above instance).

I guess this is how the returned html fragment is parsed...is it? Or how the parsed value is applied?

So my questions:

1) Where is the js code that parses the returned html fragment into a js array so I can try and fix this?
    2) Can't we get xactions to return json?

Cheers

Russell

Hello Russel.

1) That's something that we'll fix in future versions. The problem is that we're using a function called parseArray that has to parse the html that splits the fields where it finds a comma ','.

2) That's what will happen in the future

The good news is: there's a very simple workaround for that; Just cast the numeric fields to string and it will work
    Pedro Alves
    Meet us on ##pentaho, a FreeNode irc channel

Hi,
    Thanks for the rapid response.

1) You (or someone) fixed it already, I check out the latest from SVN and the problem is solved, it was in parseArray in CoreComponents.js.
    2) Do you mean in the query? make the column returned a string?

I'm really liking CDF, so if I find a way to contribute I will...thanks again

Russell

Oh, that's nice. 2) was a workaround for 1), then no need to bother. But the bug I was thinking about is a different one then

Glad you liked it.
    Pedro Alves
    Meet us on ##pentaho, a FreeNode irc channel