Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Improve performance loading metamodel

Default Improve performance loading metamodel

Hi
    I've a very large metamodel layer (about 18 datamart with a lot of starschema....).
    Despite i've split this layer into 18 metadata.xmi the performace of loading, when user login into adhoc report, are very very poor (often about 10 mins).
    Are there a solutions? Can i use a db repository to improve this performance?

Another question: is it possible to implement a solutions where more than one persons work simultaneously on a same metamodel? (in other hands, metadata editor support concurrency access to a same repository?)

Now i've 5 persons that works with a lot of metamodel file, but this solutions introduce error, a lot of file (often very very similar...)....and much confusion!

-Have i nice day

--Marco

Well Marco, the culprit is the underlaying CWM model, to be specific the persistence in th CWM model over the Sun Netbeans MDR. That part is way too slow. It's unfortunately something we can't modify.

So we're rewriting the persistence into our own XML format with import/export methods to CWM/XMI. Exporting these models should take split-seconds, not 10 minutes.

Hi Matt
    wake up at 8:23 of sunday morning???
    Ok, i'm waiting for a new implementation of a cwm model. (Hopefully my score will be patient!)

And for the concurrency of more persons that works on the same model?

--Marco