Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: is there anyway to store the inputs of a record to be used in another?

Question is there anyway to store the inputs of a record to be used in another?

Hi guys

I need some help.

I'm building a series of reports that are called outside Pentaho. At the call i sent within the url, alongside the name of the report, 2 parameters that contain the year of the report and the type that contains the way i want the report to be build (pdf,xls, etc).

Then, from the first report i called, i have the possiblite of calling others that also need the parameters year and type. This, inside pentaho.

My question is: is there a way to store the inputs from the first record to send them to the second one? If yes, how?

And if not, can you suggest a workaround?

Tks in advance.

Aga
    Last edited by agamoto; 02-24-2009 at 11:47 AM.

Wink

Hi guys, i think i found the answer to my question here: http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/Serv...ol+Data+Access

i'll try to implement.

wish me luck

Red face Is there anyway to see the value of the session parameters in runtime?

Hi again,

I'm trying to solve my problem using a session as described here http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/Serv...ol+Data+Access

"The first step in configuring a system action is to locate and edit the sessionStartupActions.xml. sessionStartupActions.xml is located in pentaho-solutions/system folder."

I don't had that file so I thought that i could build one using the example in the page above.

The problem is that my session parameters seems to be empty.

2Questions:
    1) where i cand find that file?
    2) Is there anyway to see the value of the session parameters in runtime?

Tks

my bad,

for my version (1.6.0.GA.863) the right article is http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/Serv...ol+Data+Access

i should have edited the pentaho.xml

i have done that but my problem stills.

any help?

[pt_116] Debug: [pt_34] audit: instanceId=40b3cbe1-02b3-11de-8746-4ffb16203a30, objectId=org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext, messageType=action_sequence_start (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    [pt_161] Error: [pt_103] RuntimeContext.ERROR_0018 - [pt_39] The requested parameter year could not be fulfilled (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    [pt_161] Error: [pt_103] RuntimeContext.ERROR_0013 - [pt_29] Parameters could not be resolved (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    [pt_161] Error: [pt_103] SolutionEngine.ERROR_0007 - [pt_27] Action sequence execution failed (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)

tks