Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Read and Save lookup informations from more then one Stream...

Default Read and Save lookup informations from more then one Stream...

Hi All,
    I want to read look up information's from more then one stream and i have to save all the values into a Excel ( as output). I tried Stream Lookup. But in Stream lookup, i can able to get the records from only one stream. Can anyone please help me?

Regards
    S.Gowsic

DEinspanjer Guest

If the field layout for the lookup streams is identical, you can just send all the streams to a single dummy step and then send a single stream from the dummy to the lookup.

Quote Originally Posted by DEinspanjer View Post
    If the field layout for the lookup streams is identical, you can just send all the streams to a single dummy step and then send a single stream from the dummy to the lookup.
    No, The field lookup is not identical. Here i am taking data's from 3 different database tables. Do you have any idea ?

DEinspanjer Guest

Then what is keeping you from just using three DB lookup steps?

Quote Originally Posted by DEinspanjer View Post
    Then what is keeping you from just using three DB lookup steps?
    Along with 3 database tables, I am also sending data's from a Text file to the Excel output. So the Input sources are 3 database tables + 1 Text File. At a same time (One by One), i have to insert all the records in the Database tables and Text file into the Excel output.

Regards
    S.Gowsic
    Last edited by gowsic100; 03-01-2009 at 07:23 AM.

DEinspanjer Guest

Okay, you aren't really giving a clear enough picture for me to be able to figure out what to suggest to you.

I'd say, read through the docs on the Wiki, look at some samples, and then if you can't figure it out, Post a detailed example with some sample data and someone will hopefully be able to help you.

Looking at your current explanation, I'd just have a transformation that does the following:

1. Read from the text file using a Text File Input step
    2. Merge, join, lookup, or append the data from the database tables, depending on what that data is exactly and how it relates to the data in the text file
    3. Send the combined stream to the Excel output step.