Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: how to let pentaho to be accessed remotely in glassfish

Default how to let pentaho to be accessed remotely in glassfish

hi guys,

I run through the forums and wiki , but could not find any guide of how to config pentaho with glassfish for remote access.

Someone said just update file $PENTAHO_INSTALL_DIR/glassfish/domains/domain1/applications/j2ee-apps/pentaho/pentaho_war/WEB-INF/web.xml, to change base-url to http://<<servername>>:8080/pentaho/, but I tried and didn't work.

I know in Jboss, we can update web.xml and server.xml, then the pentaho-demo can be accessed remotely, but how can I change the property in glassfish?

any one can help me? thanks in advance!

thanks,
    justin

By the way, I used the version 1.7.1, not the latest one.

http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/Serv...ish+Deployment

Is this the wiki documentation you followed? I would suggest getting a localhost deployment working first then working on the remote access to eliminate any potential deployment errors from the equation. In JBoss the problem is more subtle, you have to tell JBoss to bind to the network interfaces via the -b x.x.x.x command-line parameter.
    Last edited by jternent; 03-01-2009 at 03:54 PM.

hi jternent,

Thanks your for tips, i partly followed the instructions actually. finally i fixed this problem by updating two web.xml for "base-url", one is the $PENTAHO_INSTALL_DIR/glassfish/domains/domain1/applications/j2ee-apps/pentaho/pentaho_war/WEB-INF/web.xml, another one is $PENTAHO_INSTALL_DIR/glassfish/domains/domain1/generated/xml/j2ee-apps/pentaho/pentaho_war/WEB-INF/web.xml. In deed that I dont know why i have to update the second one till now, but it works now.

thanks,
    justin