Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: how to create a new folder in Pentaho Solution Browser

Default how to create a new folder in Pentaho Solution Browser

Hi,

Can anyone have an idea how to create a folder in "Pentaho Solution Browser". By default it contains Steel Wheels, Getting Started, etc likewise i want to create a folder with name "Sample". In that i have to place the jsp page report. Is this possible or not?

Thanks in advance.

To put a .jsp? Directly, not that I know of, unless you do fancy stuff with redirects
    Pedro Alves
    Meet us on ##pentaho, a FreeNode irc channel

can you tell me how to create a folder in "Pentaho Solution Browser"?

Yes You can do it ,Suppose you want to create a folder named "arpit", then you want to display it in your solution navigator.

For that you have to create a folder named "arpit" in pentaho-solutions.then create your index.properties & indes.xml file within it .

indexs.xml
    ----------
    <index>
    <name>%name</name>
    <description>%description</description>
    <icon></icon>
    <visible>true</visible>
    <display-type>icons</display-type>
    </index>

index.properties
    ---------------
    #
    # Copyright 2006 Pentaho Corporation. All rights reserved.
    # This software was developed by Pentaho Corporation and is provided under the terms
    # of the Mozilla Public License, Version 1.1, or any later version. You may not use
    # this file except in compliance with the license. If you need a copy of the license,
    # please go to http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/MPL-1.1.txt. The Original Code is the Pentaho
    # BI Platform. The Initial Developer is Pentaho Corporation.
    #
    # Software distributed under the Mozilla Public License is distributed on an "AS IS"
    # basis, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. Please refer to
    # the license for the specific language governing your rights and limitations.
    #
    description=A collection of examples showing features that are ready for use in the Pentaho BI Platform
    name=arpit

Finally update your solution repository.then u can get it in your navigator
    Mr. Manasa Ranjan Panda
    Hyderabad,INDIA
    E.Mail-:manasaranjan.panda@gmail.com
    M.No-+91 9392923252

Thanks for the help. I was able to create folder....
    Can you please tell in that folder i was want to create a dashboard of my own jsp page.
    for that i have created a jsp page as per my requirement, placed tha class in the "classes" folder, in "web.xml" the servlet naming and mapping is done. Now, how can i refer the jsp page of my dashboard.

I hope my requirement is clear...

Thanks in advance..

Smile Creating a JSP page

Hi Arpit!!

Create a shortcut to ur JSP Page and
    paste the shortcut to jsp i.e the html file (not the jsp) with the index.xml and index.properties file.
    You want to display the sample dashboards from the solution directory say you want to display it in the samples. Then,
    Create your index.xml file and index.properties file in
    pentaho-demo>pentaho-solutions>samples
    and create the html file for your jsp here only in samples.
    The names of the three files i.e the index files and html file should be same.
    You can see the examples of index.properties,index.xml and the html file in the samples folder.
    Try this.........
    Geetika Saxena
    geetika.saxena@infoaxon.com
    InfoAxon Technologies Ltd.
    Noida,India

This helps me a lot. thanks very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manasa_InfoAxon View Post
    Yes You can do it ,Suppose you want to create a folder named "arpit", then you want to display it in your solution navigator.

For that you have to create a folder named "arpit" in pentaho-solutions.then create your index.properties & indes.xml file within it .

indexs.xml
    ----------
    <index>
    <name>%name</name>
    <description>%description</description>
    <icon></icon>
    <visible>true</visible>
    <display-type>icons</display-type>
    </index>

index.properties
    ---------------
    #
    # Copyright 2006 Pentaho Corporation. All rights reserved.
    # This software was developed by Pentaho Corporation and is provided under the terms
    # of the Mozilla Public License, Version 1.1, or any later version. You may not use
    # this file except in compliance with the license. If you need a copy of the license,
    # please go to http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/MPL-1.1.txt. The Original Code is the Pentaho
    # BI Platform. The Initial Developer is Pentaho Corporation.
    #
    # Software distributed under the Mozilla Public License is distributed on an "AS IS"
    # basis, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. Please refer to
    # the license for the specific language governing your rights and limitations.
    #
    description=A collection of examples showing features that are ready for use in the Pentaho BI Platform
    name=arpit

Finally update your solution repository.then u can get it in your navigator