Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Pb with kettle.properties

Default Pb with kettle.properties

I don't understand i set my global variables but kettle.properties stay unchanged..and if i manually set my variables in kettle.properties i can't see them in kettle...any idea?

............................. duh .... kettle.properties is never changed by spoon, it works the other way around. You change kettle.properties and the next time you start spoon you will see what you changed.

Regards,
    Sven

yes but i also try to set my variable directly in kettle.properties and when i restart spoon i can't see my new variable...so where is the problem?

You need new glasses... seriously, unless you made an error in the syntax in kettle.properties your new variable will appear in spoon.

Regards,
    Sven

:-) seriously look at this : i 'll show you my kettle properties with only one entries :

deploy-dir = /some/directory

and what kettle show me is in my attached doc
    Attached Files Attached Files

Strange that people sometimes belief when something doesn't work as they think it should, it's broken

The dialog you open is to show which (non-internal) variables are used in your transformation... not those you defined in kettle.properties.

You want to see your variable... go to a text box which has a diamond box behind it and press "ctrl-space"... in the list you get then your variable should appear.

Regards,
    Sven

OK perfect!!! sorry i'm just a newbie :-)