Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Performance Suggestions & Java out of Memory Error

Default Performance Suggestions & Java out of Memory Error

Hi,

I am newbee to PDI.I created a transformation which pulls the data from source system using SQL statement and creates a XML file.This source system has around 3 millions of records.Currently I am testing using Kettle with JVM setting of 1024 MB.I have end up with the following error:

"Java out of Memory Error"

Please help to know the approach or an alternative to come out of this issue(or Memory settings).

Thanks,
    Sashi

show us the transformation

Please find the attached transformation.This transformations creates only 35000 currently.As per your suggestion I would like to change this number.

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Matt, I attached the required transfromation in my previous mail.By any chance did you got a chance to look into it.

Thanks,
    Sashi

I never said I was going to look at it.
    But now that I did... <sigh>

Code:
    select DBMS_XMLQuery.GetXML(DBMS_XMLQuery.newContext
    ('select CAST(MULTISET(SELECT addr.add_street,addr.add_street2,addr.add_building ,addr.add_apartment ,addr.add_city ,s.lu_code ,addr.add_zip ,loc.l_code ,cau.lu_code FROM sjs.address addr,sjs.v_states s,sjs.locations loc,sjs.v_caution_type cau,sjs.sjs_agency sa WHERE (i."AgencyORI" = sa.agcy_ori) AND addr.stateid = s.lu_id (+) AND addr.l_id = loc.l_id (+) and sa.add_id=addr.add_id AND addr.cautionid = cau.lu_id (+)) as xmlapi_addresses_type) "AgcyAddresses",(select agcy_phone_number from sjs.SJS_AGENCY sa where sa.agcy_ori=i."AgencyORI") AgcyPhonNumber,i.*,''GREEN'' as SecFlag from xmlapi_incident_view  i where rownum<35000')) as "XML" from dual
    It seems to be that the only place that this transformation can run out of memory is in the Oracle JDBC driver.

urgh, really, getting the data from the db as xml? why??

That's all the transformation does: read with the above statement and write to another database. That's why.

We are generating XML from db for transporting to another remote location.it's a final step of our process.

Thanks,