Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Too much tables for Metadata Editor

Default Too much tables for Metadata Editor

Hello.

I'm trying to create a Business Model out of an Oracle database (SAP ERP). When browsing the tables, I only get a partial list; I mean, I scroll down through my schema in the Database Explorer and at some point the scrollbar is completely at the bottom but there are still a bunch of tables to show. If I single click on the last table within the list and use the arrow keys to keep go down it works; however can't use this as I think the SAP structure consist of something like 60,000 tables

Should I fill a bug for this? And what is the procedure to do so as I never experienced this.

Thank you.

Regards,
    CHamel

Most people experienced in the field would consider it to be a bit excessive to report directly on an SAP database. I would advise you instead to acquire your data from your SAP application server (with the SAP plugin or with a CSV export written in ABAP for example) and create a data warehouse or data mart with that data.

Matt

Hello Matt,

No worry, I do not intend at all to perform reporting directly on the SAP environment (We have BW for that). I was just performing a test with PME within a development environment to play with the tool.