Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Failed to find path between two business tables

Default Failed to find path between two business tables

Hy,

I try to test the pentaho platform. I created a business model in Pentaho MetaData Editor. When I created a query (MQL query builder), there is some problems.The tool doesn't find the path between the tables, when there is more than 4 path to find. Someone found this problem? Do we need to configure some parameters?

For exemple:
    If i do a query with 2 field who have 4 tables between them, i have en error:
    org.pentaho.pms.core.exception.PentahoMetadataExce ption: BusinessModel.ERROR_0001 - Failed to find path between two business tables.
    if i do the same query but with 3 fieds and one between the 2 others, there is no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by zazou View Post
    Hy,

I try to test the pentaho platform. I created a business model in Pentaho MetaData Editor. When I created a query (MQL query builder), there is some problems.The tool doesn't find the path between the tables, when there is more than 4 path to find. Someone found this problem? Do we need to configure some parameters?

For exemple:
    If i do a query with 2 field who have 4 tables between them, i have en error:
    org.pentaho.pms.core.exception.PentahoMetadataExce ption: BusinessModel.ERROR_0001 - Failed to find path between two business tables.
    if i do the same query but with 3 fieds and one between the 2 others, there is no problem.
    I have exactly the same problem. Here an example (see attachment) :

If I take a field in the following table :
    - THIRD-PARTY CONTRACTOR - ADDRESS
    - THIRD-PARTY CONTRACTOR
    - PAYMENT - BUDGET IMPUTATION

I will have a error into the tomcat log file like BusinessModel.ERROR_0001 - Failed to find path between two business tables...

But if I take a field in the following table :

- Example 1 :
    - THIRD-PARTY CONTRACTOR
    - PAYMENT

- Example 2 :
    - THIRD-PARTY CONTRACTOR
    - PAYMENT - BUDGET

The request will be performed perfectly.Does someone has any ideas ? Any Solutions ? The only solution that I can see is to restrain the gap between each tables to two table max or to create view directly into mysql and then use theses...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Louis Champion
    J2EE 5 Developper
    France, Paris

Anybody, any Idea ?
    Louis Champion
    J2EE 5 Developper
    France, Paris

Do you think it's a bugg?