Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Just Purchased and a few questions

Default Just Purchased and a few questions

1. Going from input to output. How do I "remap" fields without creating the hop between input and output. It seems like an extra step that I first must create the hop, then generate mapping against this target step.

Thanks and looking forward to working with Pentaho

Daniel B
    Last edited by dbogey; 03-31-2009 at 11:51 AM.

DEinspanjer Guest

In PDI 3.2, the Table Output step has a built in mapping feature. Other than that, I don't know of a better way.

We have version 3.1.3 . Is a newer version avail ?

DEinspanjer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dbogey View Post
    We have version 3.1.3 . Is a newer version avail ?
    I'm sorry, you said right there in your subject that you are a new customer, I should have been more verbose in my comment.

3.2 is somewhere between M2 (milestone 2) and RC (release candidate) right now. It is useful for testing and such, but for production and Pentaho support purposes, you'll want to stick with 3.1.3.

Basically, what I remember is that you have to create a hop between the two steps before you can create a mapping because the mapping has to be told what the input and output fields are. It usually doesn't take very long to do though. Did you realize that after you create the mapping, you can drag that newly created step over the existing hop and when the mouse is directly over the line, the line will turn bold and you can drop the step there to "split the hop"?