Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: BIRT, reporting designe and weka

Default BIRT, reporting designe and weka

i try the two outils designe studio and report designer.
    report designer we can use directement the schema cube in use MDX. so we can get the resultat by schema cube .
    designe studio is complicate and it need installer the BIRT to got the repport in format .rptdesign and then creer the .xaction. we can juste user these data sources : xml, web services data sources, jdbc data sources etc. we can't ueser the data in excel. the probleme is that if i want make an repport using the resultat of schema cube(we can get the data in excel by server pentaho analysis), what can i do. because i can't add data sources in birt(eclipse).

if i want to use the weka to analysis my data base, am i must use the designe studio to get the .xaction for weka?

thanks

helene

There's no need to use BIRT. You can use the Pentaho Report Designer to create a report file (xml).

Then in your xaction you would add a "OLAP" data source (Add > Get Data From > OLAP). In the configuration for the "OLAP" action you would choose your cube schema file.

After doing that, you would add a report action (Add > Report > Pentaho Report) and in the "Report Data" field you would choose "<query_result>", which is the default name that the result from your OLAP query will have.

That's the way you use Mondrian data in a Pentaho Report

To integrate Weka into an xaction you need to use the Weka plugin for Kettle (http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/EAI/...ation+Plug-Ins), and then use a "Get Data From > Pentaho Data Integration" action in the xaction.

Cheers!

thanks tdidomenico. i will following yours advise

helene