Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Job execution time logging

Question Job execution time logging

Hi, this is my first post to this community. I am currently working with Spoon version 3.1.0.

I have a need to log the execution time of different sub jobs / Transformations my main job contains.

At default the PDI is logging only the execution time of the main job. Is there any way to measure the time for sub jobs or transformations has taken?
    Last edited by MikaToppinen; 04-30-2009 at 01:15 AM.

Unless you set up logging in these sub-jobs and transformations : not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MattCasters View Post
    Unless you set up logging in these sub-jobs and transformations : not yet.
    That doesn´t work either. I turned on logging to my sub job in PDI. The log file the sub job does, doesn´t contain the execution time, instead it contains other information...

Tried with almost every logging level. The job / transformation execution time would be great enchancement for next version of Spoon.
    Last edited by MikaToppinen; 04-30-2009 at 04:40 AM.

Have you tried opening the sub-jobs and adding logging to them the way you did for the parent? (see http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/COM/...ional+Metadata )

This would result in a LOT of DB log entries for any sub-jobs that are "execute once for each row"

Well, whatever may be the case, remember that you can log whatever you want yourself. Most information is available from the "Get System Info" step.