Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Trouble Persisting Association Between Content and Public Schedule in Subs. Repo.

Default Trouble Persisting Association Between Content and Public Schedule in Subs. Repo.

I have created a custom ad-hoc web service that is called in place of the standard ad-hoc web service. My service overrides the postSaveActions() method so that I can force every new ad-hoc report that is created to automatically be associated with all existing public schedules. Everything appears to be working fine according to the log messages I am seeing, but my changes don't seem to be persisted to the repository.

Is there some type of Save or Commit function that I need to call? I can't find one in the API but I may have just missed it. Thanks.

Function:
    Code:

@Override
        protected void postSaveActions(final String fileName,
                final IParameterProvider parameterProvider,
                final OutputStream outputStream, final IPentahoSession userSession,
                final boolean wrapWithSoap, int xActionSaveStatus)
                throws AdhocWebServiceException, IOException,
                PentahoMetadataException, PentahoAccessControlException {

// the report has been saved, now we can make sure that it is hooked up to public schedules
            ISubscriptionRepository repo = PentahoSystem.get(ISubscriptionRepository.class, userSession);
            logger.debug("repo: " + repo);

String solutionName = parameterProvider.getStringParameter("solution", null);
            logger.debug("solutionName: " + solutionName);
            String solutionPath = parameterProvider.getStringParameter("path", null);
            logger.debug("solutionPath: " + solutionPath);
            String actionRef = ActionInfo.buildSolutionPath(solutionName, solutionPath, fileName);
            logger.debug("actionRef: " + actionRef);

ISubscribeContent content = repo.getContentByActionReference(actionRef);
            logger.debug("content: " + content);
            if (content == null) {
                logger.debug("content is null, performing scheduling assignments");
                // this xaction is not subscribable yet
                try {
                    List<ISubscribeContent> contentList = repo.addContent(new String[] { actionRef });
                    logger.debug("contentList size: " + String.valueOf(contentList == null ? 0 : contentList.size()));
                    if (contentList != null && contentList.size() > 0) {
                        // the content was added
                        content = contentList.get(0);
                        logger.debug("content: " + content);
                        // now hook up the schedules
                        List<ISchedule> scheduleList = repo.getSchedules();
                        logger.debug("schedule count: " + String.valueOf(scheduleList == null ? 0 : scheduleList.size()));
                        for (ISchedule schedule : scheduleList) {
                            logger.debug("assigning ad-hoc report to schedule: " + schedule.getTitle());
                            boolean result = repo.addContentForSchedule(content, schedule);
                            if (result) {
                                logger.info(schedule.getTitle() + " assigned to new ad-hoc report successfully");                        
                            } else {
                                logger.warn(schedule.getTitle() + " was not assigned to new ad-hoc report successfully");                        
                            }
                        }
                    } else {
                        logger.debug("contentList is null OR empty");
                    }
                } catch (Exception e) {
                    logger.error(
                            "Exception occurred while assiging all public schedules to the new ad-hoc report.",
                            e);
                    throw new RuntimeException(e);
                }
            }

}
    Log Output:
    13:43:17,943 DEBUG [CustomAdhocWebService] repo: org.pentaho.platform.repository.subscription.SubscriptionRepository@8bae7
    13:43:17,943 DEBUG [CustomAdhocWebService] solutionName: StandardReports
    13:43:17,944 DEBUG [CustomAdhocWebService] solutionPath: /Dark and Light Reports
    13:43:17,944 DEBUG [CustomAdhocWebService] actionRef: StandardReports/Dark and Light Reports/JoshTest9i.waqr.xreportspec
    13:43:17,958 DEBUG [CustomAdhocWebService] content: null
    13:43:17,958 DEBUG [CustomAdhocWebService] content is null, performing scheduling assignments
    13:43:18,053 DEBUG [CustomAdhocWebService] contentList size: 1
    13:43:18,053 DEBUG [CustomAdhocWebService] content: org.pentaho.platform.repository.subscription.SubscribeContent@7ae32cb5
    13:43:18,069 DEBUG [CustomAdhocWebService] schedule count: 1
    13:43:18,069 DEBUG [CustomAdhocWebService] assigning ad-hoc report to schedule: Weekdays at 9am
    13:43:18,070 INFO [CustomAdhocWebService] Weekdays at 9am assigned to new ad-hoc report successfully

This question is better asked in the BI-Server world. The reporting engine does not do subscriptions nor repositories.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Taqua View Post
    This question is better asked in the BI-Server world. The reporting engine does not do subscriptions nor repositories.
    Ok, sorry. I posted it here because it was ad-hoc related, but I didn't consider the repo & subscription aspect. I'll repost in BI and delete this post.

Quote Originally Posted by jlangley View Post
    Ok, sorry. I posted it here because it was ad-hoc related, but I didn't consider the repo & subscription aspect. I'll repost in BI and delete this post.
    Nevermind, I just noticed that you moved the thread for me. Thanks.