Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Pentaho Data Integration 3.2.0-stable

Lightbulb Pentaho Data Integration 3.2.0-stable

Dear Kettle friends,

Because there were so many people wondering what GA or even “Generally Available” meant, we renamed the thing to “Stable”. So the stable production ready version of Pentaho data integration 3.2.0 now is called 3.2.0-stable. Go figure.

In any case, Pentaho Data Integration 3.2.0 is generally available on sourceforge over here.

We changed a lot of things in the release, from small visual improvements in the hop color schema to larger changes behind the covers with things like named parameters.

Other pet peeves that changed are for example the Table Output step where we are now (finally!) capable of specifying individual fields to be stored. The Dimension Lookup/Update step got an upgrade as well with support for cache pre-loading, alternative algorithms for date ranges, current row flag and much more. Obviously, we got a whole batch of new steps. Simple steps were added like “Replace values in string” or the ultra-fast User Defined Java Expression.

For an overview of the changes, have a look at the What’s new in 3.2 page on the wiki.

Enjoy this release & thank you all for your continued support and help,

Matt

Awesome!
    I'll be happy to pass that news along at work so we can start planning the update.

I'm already looking forward to the new ideas you'll be getting on the road for 3.3
    Fabian,
    doing ETL with his hands bound on his back

Great! Thank you very much for your continuous work.

Iuri

So the 50 open JIRAs for the 3.2.0 version I guess will be moved to the 3.2.1, right?

No, to 3.3.0-M1

Matt

Default named parameters

Hello,
    I tried named parameters, but it doesnt operate when I use repostitory. In file system everything is ok. I tried SQLite and MySQL for repository, but it is the same.

screenshot 1
    I set parameters in properties of job then I save it to repository.

screenshot 2
    I tried to run job and set parameters in starting dialog - parameter P1 = tasta, parameter P2 = testb. but I will get default values in job (P1 = aa, P2 = bb)

screenshot 3
    then I close job. after reopening it job parameters are lost.

My system: Win XP SP 3, Kettle 3.2.0 stable, Java 6 SE update 13

LT
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Ouch! You better file a bug report then!

ok, how and where I can do it?

LT

Go here : http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/PDI
    Create a free account, file a bug report.
    Give as many details on your environment as you can.

Exclamation Bad bug in 3.2.0?

Never mind. I found the resolution.
    Last edited by DebbieKat; 05-18-2009 at 08:06 PM. Reason: found resolution

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieKat View Post
    Never mind. I found the resolution.
    It is good practice to shortly mention the resolution you found.
    Just in case someone else has the same problem...

Jeroen

DebbieKat, in contrast to certain others on this forum, makes sure she files a bug report whenever she has a problem or a doubt concerning certain functionality in Kettle.

For example, the answer to your question is written down here: http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/PDI-2400

I can only wish for more people with such an attitude. That is because if you have a problem you should always search the JIRA cases first for known issues, NOT this forum.

Matt

Red face Thanks! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by MattCasters View Post
    DebbieKat, in contrast to certain others on this forum, makes sure she files a bug report whenever she has a problem or a doubt concerning certain functionality in Kettle.

For example, the answer to your question is written down here: http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/PDI-2400

I can only wish for more people with such an attitude. That is because if you have a problem you should always search the JIRA cases first for known issues, NOT this forum.

Matt
    I'm blushing. :-)

Can't create new DB connections from 3.2 stable

Not sure if this is the correct place to report a bug (please move if it isn't) but I noticed that with 3.2 (3.2.0-GA (2009-05-12 08.45.26)), I can't create new DB connections from the transformation view. If I right click on 'Database Connections' and select New, I get 'Error : Error working with XUL definition (org.pentaho.ui.xul.XulException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException)'.

Works fine with 3.1.2

--- Update ---

You can ignore that problem. Not sure what it is about my environment but it doesn't work on my machine however I tried it on another machine and it's fine there ...)
    Last edited by michelb; 06-16-2009 at 11:10 AM.

Default 3.2.1

Hi,

is there any way to download 3.2.1 / 3.2.2 without downloading the source first?

Thanks,
    Benjamin

Default 3.2.0 Stable edition

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dibe0015 View Post
    Hi,

is there any way to download 3.2.1 / 3.2.2 without downloading the source first?
    I don't think so. There is some sourceforge project that does release builds but they haven't done 3.2 AFAIK
    Fabian,
    doing ETL with his hands bound on his back

Default perfect.

perfect...new version is always welcome..

Any pointer on how to get the source for 3.2.1 or another version > 3.2.0 that fixes some bugs I need ?

Thanks !

Paolo

EDIT: found out in the wiki, sorry for the noise.
    Last edited by asioli; 03-04-2010 at 10:37 AM.

We would be interested in this too. Having 3.2.2 or 3.2.5 since source has patch versions, but official build for these versions is not available.

As asioli mentioned, the info is in the Wiki at http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/EAI/Source+Code+Access
    **THIS IS A SIGNATURE - IT GETS POSTED ON (ALMOST) EVERY POST**
    I'm no expert.
    Take my comments at your own risk.

PDI user since PDI 3.1
    PDI on Windows 7 & Linux

Please keep in mind (and this may not apply to this thread):
    No forum member is going to do your work for you. We will help you sort out how to do a specific part of the work, as best we can, in the timelines that our work will allow us.
    Signature Updated: 2014-06-30