Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Report templates issues

Default Report templates issues

Hi all, I have the Pentaho Bi Server 3.0 RC2 and when I create a report the template goes wrong. The colors appears changed and the row banding isn´t appears. The tomcat give me two warnings which I show you here

Thanks

Not sure what you are using, but its definitely not Platform 3.0-M2. The class "MasterReport" does not exist in that version and likewise parameter support was added to the engine with the upcoming Citrus-release. So you are probably using a milestone release of the next release. And yes, that one has known bugs, like having some funny quirks inthe HTML-(and other table-)exports.

If you seek something stable, stick to the *-GA releases.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Taqua View Post
    Not sure what you are using, but its definitely not Platform 3.0-M2. The class "MasterReport" does not exist in that version and likewise parameter support was added to the engine with the upcoming Citrus-release. So you are probably using a milestone release of the next release. And yes, that one has known bugs, like having some funny quirks inthe HTML-(and other table-)exports.

If you seek something stable, stick to the *-GA releases.
    Can I integrate report engine of the stable version *-GA with CITRUS?

Thank you.
    Last edited by xxpleyxx; 05-20-2009 at 10:01 AM.

What do you mean with that?

Reports developed with pre-Citrus tools will run without changes in Citrus (otherwise our existing customers with large deployments would kill us (and not literally but with a lot of blood, gore and other unhappy sideeffects, as admins take extra workloads not very lightly)). However, you cannot use any of the Citrus tools or the Citrus reporting engine to create reports for the older versions of the platform.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Thank´s by your time Taqua, this is our issue: we are in a demo phase in our proyect. We selected the 3.0.CITRUS-2 version due to various facts:
    - During our development probably (sure) the stable version will be released
    - Open flash charts considerations
    - Some aspects in mantle

And now we are in an advanced phase of our demo development, and reporting (ad-hoc and predefined) is the only that doesn´t works.
    What do you recommend us? Can you explain us what should we do to solve the problem by ourselves? Where we can to begin?
    Thanks in advance.

Well, unless you want to dig into the layouting and table-export subsystem to hunt the issues that cause the HTML export to behave strange, there is nothing you can do. We are currently in the stabilization and bug-hunting phase, so this issue will be resolved anytime soon. (But as this issue is a purely cosmetic one and does not block any of our other development tasks, this is not the highest priority issue to be solved.)

Problem was solved with 3.0.stable version, thanks for your time Taqua!