Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Printing a Report - Error

Question Printing a Report - Error

I am evaluating Pentaho Enterprise Edition with a view to purchase and so far things have gone reasonably well, although I do find that compared to other BI products that I am evaluating it is difficult get a handle on things. For example, the different reporting methods, the variety of places you need to copy JAR files to, Metadata publishing etc.

Anyway, having connected to my Firebird SQL database via JDBC and copied the appropriate JAR files to their relevant destinations, I created and published a report. This report appeared in the right place when I logged in as a user...so far so good. I then ran the report and got the following error message.

Error: ConnectFactory.ERROR_0001 - Database connection could not be established to: AIM High - org.pentaho.platform.api.data.DatasourceServiceException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBDriver (org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.sql.SQLLookupRule)

Debug: Starting execute of RL Examples//Year 11 Ethnicity by TG.xaction (com.pentaho.core.solution.EnhancedAuditingSolutionEngine)
    Debug: Getting runtime context and data (com.pentaho.core.solution.EnhancedAuditingSolutionEngine)
    Debug: Loading action sequence definition file (com.pentaho.core.solution.EnhancedAuditingSolutionEngine)
    Debug: audit: instanceId=c32a0355-4a21-11de-b96d-a10f3672adea, objectId=org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext, messageType=action_sequence_start (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    Error: ConnectFactory.ERROR_0001 - Database connection could not be established to: AIM High - org.pentaho.platform.api.data.DatasourceServiceException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBDriver (org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.sql.SQLLookupRule)
    Error: SQLBaseComponent.ERROR_0007 - Connection to data source is not valid (org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.sql.SQLLookupRule)
    Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0012 - ActionDefinition for SQLLookupRule did not execute successfully (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0007 - Action sequence execution failed (com.pentaho.core.solution.EnhancedAuditingSolutionEngine)

I have found reference to this error message (or similar) in Pentaho forums and other places, but no clear information about what causes it and how to fix it. Things are doubly disappointing because the path to this point has been quite long winded and now this!... having done everything else the instruction booklet said I should do.

Can anyone help?

Richard Lynch
    Last edited by RichardLynch; 05-27-2009 at 05:42 AM.