Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Exporting results and predictions in knowledgeflow

Default Exporting results and predictions in knowledgeflow

Hi Mark (or anyone else),

I need some help in exporting results to files in the knowledgeflow environment.

I'm doing a little research on the behavior of the bias-variance decomposition. For that I have created some 50 datasets which are going to be tested on 8-ish classifiers.
    The first thing I'm going to do, is to just run all data through each classifier and see how they perform. As you will understand, I'd like to collect all the results in a file. Is there any way in which this can be done?

And later on, when i'll be using the bvdecompose from the command-line, is there an option to export the values of the decomposition?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

gr
    luykx

Hi luykx,

Rather than use the KnowledgeFlow, I'd suggest you use the Experimenter instead. This tool is set up for comparing multiple learning schemes on multiple data sets, complete with paired t-tests to detect statistically significant differences. Repeated cross-validation can be performed and all results (evaluation metrics) are computed for each fold on each data set and saved to CSV files, ARFF files or to a relational database.

BVDecompose doesn't have an option to export results to a file. However, you can just redirect the output to a file (e.g. under *Nix: java weka.classifiers.BVDecompose -t ... -W... > myfile.txt).

Cheers,
    Mark.

thanks Mark!

how could i completely forget about checking the experimenter. it looks like it will do exactly what i'm after! thanks again! makes my life a lot easier