Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: need help in dashboard

Default need help in dashboard

Hello,

iam new user to pentaho community , actually it's really good work and wana thank people working on it

i just have problem using dashboard

i downloaded Business intelligence suit "trial version", and i wana to make dashboard

i followed the steps in documentation , but actually i wana import my own data source and i can't add it , when choosing data source i found it's only viewing sample data that comes with pentaho
    and also it hangs my pc and close my browser
    am using windows vista home basic, but i tried reports and it's working

sorry for this long article , but i need any help plaz as soon as possible

thanks in advance

pstoellberger Guest

what datasource do you want to import?
    what exactly are you trying to do? using the dashboard designer to create with existing widgets a dashboard?

you need to create those widgets (charts etc.) first, before you can create a dashboard that includes those

thanks for your reply
    actually i have tables in MySQL database and i want to make dashboard for specific columns in specific table

actually i don't understand your words , " you need to create those widgets (charts etc.) first, before you can create a dashboard that includes those "

i searched in dashboard documentation and what i found was charts already created using the samples , but i didn't know how these charts was created and i searched in all buttons after opening user console and i didn't reach anything.

actually iam totally new to pentaho , so it's not clear yet to me

Thanks again and hope i replied to you

pstoellberger Guest

exactly
    those charts were created separately, manually and not within the user console

they were created using pentaho design studio and/or the community dashboard framework

try to search for that stuff in the forums or on the wiki http://wiki.pentaho.com/