Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Job and Transformation Error Handling

Default Job and Transformation Error Handling

Hi all, I have a Job that runs 5 different transformations, and each transformation has its own logic for error handling, some send e-mail, some send sms, so in each transformation, the step I want to hadle the error i set the "Define error handling" option, and works perfectly. My problem is that in with this definition, my main job (the one that starts all my transformations) doesn't detect the error of the transformation and keeps going with the following transformation.

Any ideas on how to stop the hole job inside the error handling in the transformation?

Thanks

Rodrigo
    VinkOS
    Mexico

Hi,

2 solutions :
    1- remove the error handling (not really what yo want, right?)
    2- force the transformation to abort (use abort ste) after the last "error" row is inserted (use block step if needed).

Rgds

Samatar
    Samatar

Quote Originally Posted by shassan2 View Post
    Hi,

2 solutions :
    1- remove the error handling (not really what yo want, right?)
    2- force the transformation to abort (use abort ste) after the last "error" row is inserted (use block step if needed).

Rgds

Samatar
    Bingo, No. 2 made it work, just put an abort step after my last step of the error handling and that made the job to catch the error and stop the process.. Thanks a lot for the hel Samatar

Rodrigo
    VinkOS
    Mexico