Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Job Parameters Not Saving

Default Job Parameters Not Saving

Hi,

I've been pretty successful so far in my first ETL project using the Pentaho tools, so first I'd like to thank Pentaho for the community edition of their products and the wealth of resources on the forums and Wiki.

I'm having some issues with a Job I have created. I am able to open the Settings for the Job and specify parameters, and before closing out PDI I can open and close the Settings for the Job and see the parameters in there. However, after I close out PDI, launch it again, and open the Job, the parameters that I specified are nowhere to be found. I am not seeing any errors coming out of PDI indicating that it was unable to save the parameters.

Note that I also have some Transformations with parameters, and these are persisting fine and show up when I reopen the Transformation after shutting down PDI.

Does anybody have any ideas as to why the parameters would not be saving for my Job? In case it is relevant, I am using a Repository to store my Jobs and Transformations.

Thanks,

- max

Which version are you using?

With settings you mean the dialog "behind" ctrl-J

Regards,
    Sven

I'm using 3.2.0-GA, build date 2009-05-12 08.45.26.

You are correct - it is the dialog that pops up when you hit Ctrl-J.

Quote Originally Posted by gutlez View Post
    Yep, that's my problem exactly. I'll make the effort to check the bug list from now on before posting to the forums.

I need to be able to configure the job/transformation from the command line, so I was using parameters since it seemed cleaner to have a key/value pair than to use the ordinal position of command line arguments. Currently, I have the first transformation in the process set up to read the parameters and convert them in to variables - if I use the /params flag from the command line to execute the job, will they make it through to the transformation within the job?

If not, should I just use regular old command-line arguments to configure the job until this bug is fixed, or are there any better ways you guys can recommend?

Thanks,

- max

No biggie to me... I usually end up asking here if anyone has seen something before looking at JIRA.

I just recognized the symptoms from the forum and looked for it in JIRA to provide the link.

I don't know the best way to work around it, since I'm not yet using parameters.