Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Connecting BI suite to MS SQL SERVER

Unhappy Connecting BI suite to MS SQL SERVER

Hello,
    I've tried everithing to connect pentaho to sql server. The Bi suite works fine with the mysql example database, but i can't find the way to connect with sql server 2005, i've put the jdbc drivers and created a data source to my sql server database, but when I start again the pentaho BI Suite i get the following message :

The following errors were detected
    [es_49] One or more system listeners failed. These are set in the systemListeners.xml.
    PentahoSystem.ERROR_0014 - Error while trying to execute the boot sequence org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.connection.datasource.dbcp.PooledDatasourceSystemListener

Please see the server console for more details on each error detected.

Thanks .

pstoellberger Guest

are you using the open source jdbc driver? (i think jdts...jar) or the official one?

please search in this forum for threads related to MS SQL Server. I remember some people asking about that stuff as well

Quote Originally Posted by pstoellberger View Post
    are you using the open source jdbc driver? (i think jdts...jar) or the official one?
    By the way:

What MS SQL JDBC driver is recommended to use?

The open source or official one? What are the differences between both?

I don't know what is "officially" recommended but I have found the Microsoft one to work fine (Just make sure you get the right version (Not the JDBC4 driver iirc)). I haven't found any problems setting up the system to use SQL server Databases so it is possible, unfortunately as I some how managed to luck though the set up with out that problem I can't help too much.

Good luck

Wil

pstoellberger Guest

Well whatever works best ;-)

i've heard that the open source one is better, but can't remember why exactly

just try both and see what its better

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by wselwood View Post
    I don't know what is "officially" recommended but I have found the Microsoft one to work fine (Just make sure you get the right version (Not the JDBC4 driver iirc)). I haven't found any problems setting up the system to use SQL server Databases so it is possible, unfortunately as I some how managed to luck though the set up with out that problem I can't help too much.

Good luck

Wil
    Thanks a lot, I did what you say and pentaho bi suite starts correctly, but my data source is not displayed on the BI Suite. Is there anything else i should do???

Thanks again to all!!!