Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Birt report in pentaho

Default Birt report in pentaho

hello.
    Can anyone help me to use BIRT's .rptdrsign file in xaction. Is there any way to make it work on bi server? Did someone have sucessful tries?
    I'v created a simple report on Birt on Eclipse platform Version: 3.4.2. then using Design Studion create a new xaction. Hten i'v added new action add->report->other->Birt
    then i'v used rptdesign file of my report for Report Definition.
    Then did run the xaction i'v get. I modified sistemlisteners.xml file to launch Birt listener.
    Then i get an error^
    Code:
    FailedError: BIRT.ERROR_0007 - error running report C:\.....\birt_pentaho.rptdesign - org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: The design file <stream> has error and can not be run. (org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.eclipsebirt.BIRTReportComponent)Debug: Starting execute of MyF/Actions/Birt_pent.xaction (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug: Getting runtime context and data (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug: Loading action sequence definition file (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug: audit: instanceId=ad641889-707b-11de-b66d-6b80e9638009, objectId=org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext, messageType=action_sequence_start (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    Error: BIRT.ERROR_0007 - error running report C:\....\birt_pentaho.rptdesign - org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: The design file <stream> has error and can not be run. (org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.eclipsebirt.BIRTReportComponent)
    Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0012 - ActionDefinition for BIRTReportComponent did not execute successfully (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0007 - Action sequence execution failed (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)

Server Version: Pentaho Platform Engine Core 3.0.0.M1.36789

Hi,

i have the same problem.
    Does anybody know what we can do?

Thx

Best regards
    ManInBlack

You can use Birt Runtime to generate reports from rptdesign files
    http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/dow...time-2_5_0.zip
    And the birt runtime script you can call from Kettle and then you can run kjb Kettle project on pentaho)
    But if you just need to get report from rptdesign files to use Birt Runtime will be enough.

Let Gods blessings be in your work!
    Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    Hi,

i have the same problem.
    Does anybody know what we can do?

Thx

Best regards
    ManInBlack

Default Birt report

Hello searcher,
    please say that modify inthe file sistemlisteners.xml because I have the following error and refers to this file:
    es_161] Error: BIRTReportComponent.ERROR_0016 - Report engine has not been initialized by the BIRT System Listener. Verify that pentaho.xml has an entry for &lt;birt&gt; in the &lt;system-listeners&gt; section. (org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.eclipsebirt.BIRTReportComponent)
    [es_161] Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0006 - [es_2] Action components do not validate: practica1.xaction (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    [es_161] Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0006 - [es_15] Action sequence validation failed (com.pentaho.core.solution.EnhancedAuditingSolutionEngine

Server Version: Pentaho Platform Core 3.0.0-RC2.36807

I hope I can count on your help, thank you so much

You shouldn't hijack old threads...

Anyway, you may find some useful info in this thread (spanish forum):

http://forums.pentaho.org/showthread.php?t=68134
    (en) Path to Pentaho knowledge: (1:Search the Wiki > 2:Search the Forums > 3:Ask) or (1:Get a Subscription)
    (es) El camino al conocimiento en Pentaho: (1:Buscar en la Wiki > 2:Buscar en los Foros > 3:Preguntar) o (1:Comprar una Subscripción)

Quote Originally Posted by eeiy View Post
    Hello searcher,
    please say that modify inthe file sistemlisteners.xml because I have the following error and refers to this file:
    es_161] Error: BIRTReportComponent.ERROR_0016 - Report engine has not been initialized by the BIRT System Listener. Verify that pentaho.xml has an entry for &lt;birt&gt; in the &lt;system-listeners&gt; section. (org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.eclipsebirt.BIRTReportComponent)
    [es_161] Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0006 - [es_2] Action components do not validate: practica1.xaction (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    [es_161] Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0006 - [es_15] Action sequence validation failed (com.pentaho.core.solution.EnhancedAuditingSolutionEngine

Server Version: Pentaho Platform Core 3.0.0-RC2.36807

I hope I can count on your help, thank you so much
    I think this post may help you.
    http://forums.pentaho.org/showthread.php?t=67152\

p.s.There is only One on who's help man can count on,and He is not a human being)

Thanks for your quick response, thanks tdidomenico y searcher

elizabeth