Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: error with using kjb files

Default error with using kjb files

I'm using kettle version 3.2.0 M1 and bi server version 3.0.0 M1.
    I'm trying to use kettle kjb file to build xaction file to run under pentaho.
    With one of kettle project i have successed.
    But with other project i get an error
    Code:
    FailedError: Unable to create Job Meta Data {0} - org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleXMLException:  Unable to load job info from XML node  Unable to read Job Entry copy info from XML node : org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleStepLoaderException:  No valid step/plugin specified (jobPlugin=null) for SIMPLE_EVAL   No valid step/plugin specified (jobPlugin=null) for SIMPLE_EVAL    (org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.kettle.KettleComponent)Debug: Starting execute of MyF/Actions/AlertsForLoan_all/AlertsForLoan_all.xaction (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug: Getting runtime context and data (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug: Loading action sequence definition file (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug: audit: instanceId=95e65354-7147-11de-b314-95230aa6b09f, objectId=org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext, messageType=action_sequence_start (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    Error: Unable to create Job Meta Data {0} - org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleXMLException:  Unable to load job info from XML node  Unable to read Job Entry copy info from XML node : org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleStepLoaderException:  No valid step/plugin specified (jobPlugin=null) for SIMPLE_EVAL   No valid step/plugin specified (jobPlugin=null) for SIMPLE_EVAL    (org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.kettle.KettleComponent)
    Error: Kettle.ERROR_0015 - Could not load transformation job-file from resource MyF\Actions/AlertsForLoan_all\AlertsForLoan_all.kjb (org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.kettle.KettleComponent)
    Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0012 - ActionDefinition for KettleComponent did not execute successfully (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0007 - Action sequence execution failed (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)

Server Version: Pentaho Platform Engine Core 3.0.0.M1.36789
    It's stange , cos' bouth of prorejcts are successed under kettle!
    Maybe the error is becouse of diferrense in versions?
    I'f so , how can i update a kettle plugin ? Where can i get a newer version?
    Thanks for any help!

Maybe the error is becouse of diferrense in versions?
    Yes, that's the reason.
    Version 3.2 of PDI will appear in the next BI server release (Citrus a.k.a 3.5 I think)

Default same problem with carte server

Hi,
    I wanted to register the job in the carte server and it looks like, that carte doesn't know about the SIMPLE_EVAL component.
    Can you help me?
    Thanks,
    Rado

Unable to read Job Entry copy info from XML node : org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleStepLoaderException:
    No valid step/plugin specified (jobPlugin=null) for SIMPLE_EVAL

No valid step/plugin specified (jobPlugin=null) for SIMPLE_EVAL

I get the same error ! It cos' of using pdi 3.2.0 for desinging a job, and then when you try to run job on pentaho 3.0.0 where is pdi 3.1.2 plugin. There is no Simple Evaluation node in pdi 3.1! You can try to dounload pdi 3.1.0 stable and to opent your job there -it just can find a Simple Evaluation node!

As i see you have 2 options.
    1-use pdi 3.1.0 to make a job that can be run by pentaho pdi plugin. But there is no garanty that it wount have another error)
    2- to use kithen to run job from bath file.

Cos' if you need to have that job on pentaho -than you better to choose 1st option)