Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Temp Files for Table Input Task

Default Temp Files for Table Input Task

I'm trying to move data from an extremely large datastore. I tried using Pentaho to do this.

My transformation looks something like this:

Table Input -> Selected values (just need to rename one column) -> Table output

Very simple. Tried it out for smaller fact tables and it worked fine.

The problem I'm running into is that the Table Input task is building up a temp file, causing my hard drive to fill up. Given the amount of data I'm working with, I can't envision this working if this task has to use a temp file.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Just saw there was a similar thread: http://forums.pentaho.org/showthread.php?t=71150

For the record, I'm going between Vertica & Vertica.

Kettle never generates temp files for reading/writing unless explicitly mentioned in the configuration (like "Sort Rows", etc).

So this has to be strictly a Vertica issue and I suggest you look for driver updates or Vertica driver config setttings.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MattCasters View Post
    Kettle never generates temp files for reading/writing unless explicitly mentioned in the configuration (like "Sort Rows", etc).

So this has to be strictly a Vertica issue and I suggest you look for driver updates or Vertica driver config setttings.

Matt
    Contacted Vertica. This is apparently how they handle things via their JDBC driver. That's why I wanted to try the ODBC driver I'm having issues (see my other active thread).

thanks,
    Geoff