Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Can't Find ODBC DSN

Default Can't Find ODBC DSN

So after updating my Vertica ODBC drivers, I went to create a new Database connection in one of my transformations.

In the Windows ODBC manager, I successfully created a System DSN (tested the connection from within the manager).

When I try to create the Database Connection I put in the same ODBC DSN Source Name. I get the following error message:

"[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified"

I found a similar Pentaho issue from 2006, but the solution doesn't seem applicable to today's versions.

Thanks again for any help.

I need to bump this up. Does anyone know why Pentaho would be unable to see one of the system DSNs created through the ODBC Manager?

Usually I get that error message when the the DSN is misspelled. Are you sure the name is correct?

Quote Originally Posted by heathcliff View Post
    Usually I get that error message when the the DSN is misspelled. Are you sure the name is correct?
    I am sure.

It should just work, try re-creating the DSN as it might be corrupt. (we *are* talking about Windows here)

Google for other causes.