Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Problems with AD authentication

Default Problems with AD authentication

Good morning

I've followed tha how-to for active dirtectory authentication (http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/ServerDoc2x/Active+Directory+configuration+example+(CE+3.0RC1)), but pentaho continue to gives me login error.

In PentahoAuditLog.log I have found this entry:
    Session startup actions system session global-department-list.xaction org.pentaho.platform.eng
    ine.services.solution.SolutionEngine system session instance_failed 09f534be-7115-11de-b3a7-ebbc81a750aa Solution
    Engine.ERROR_0007 - Esecuzione dell'Action Sequence fallita 0.18199999630451202

Have you any solutions?

How can I put pentaho in debugging so I can understand the error?

Thanx

I've foud this error in catalina.out
    "org.pentaho.platform.api.data.DatasourceServiceException: java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'pentaho'@'srv-10232-bi.assiomato.net'"

So I've tried to use mysql client from the server with the same authentication parameter and the connection is succefull. But from pentaho it can't authenticate. Why?

Thanx

You should try to intercept the LDAP communication between the BI Server and the Active Directory, for example using Wireshark. That's how I debugged AD logins for the HOWTO.

If you suspect that the login problem comes not from AD but from a startup XAction, disable those in "pentaho-solutions/system/sessionStartupActions.xml".