Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Delay a transformation

Default Delay a transformation

Hello Forum,

my input is an Excel Sheet. I'm doing some calculation per JavaScript and then I'm writing the result into 8 different Palo dimension. (I'm using the Palo Olap Plugin). After the JavaScript Step, the result is copied 8 times... one per dimension.

If I start this transformation, sometimes all worked fine, sometime only 2 dimensions were written, while the other 6 are running and running... and I must close Kettle. So currently I disable 6 Dims, and write the result to the other 2 Dims. Then I enable 2 other Dims and disable the first 2.

Is there some kind of delay step within Kettle? I want to start the writing to a Dim only if the Writing step before has finished. How can I do that?

Thanks in advance

Peter

Hi Peter,

What you could do is put the input and javascript in one transformation and write to the dimensions in separate transformations. After each succesfull transformation, you create a file. And only execute the next transformation after a "Wait for file" step is successfull.

You could also try to find out what is wrong with the current transformation.

HTH,

Bart
    Last edited by Bart.Farasyn; 07-21-2009 at 06:32 PM. Reason: forgot my name

Thanks. I have dublicated the transformation several times and placed them into a job.
    The transformations are okay, they work in single execution. I think that there is an error in Palo while parallel access. Before some month I tried to give Palo data by the HTTP interface and there were also a lot of strange failures. Insertations that worked in "slow mode" doesnt work if I speed up the insertation.