Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Another stretchy / dynamic content question

Default Another stretchy / dynamic content question

Hi,

I have a subband with a label, and a text field - the text field is dynamic and nicely adjusts it's height according to it's contents.

How can i make the label stretch to the same height as the adjacent text field.

I want to do this so i can get it's background color all filled in nicely.

Dan

Set its min-height to 100%. You cant do that in old PRD safely, but you can try via a style-expression that returns -100. Be aware that if your label as border or background color set, the old PRD creates a subband to render these properties and therefore your 100%-height wont work.

Have I mentioned that this is friggin' easy and all built-in with Citrus?
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

I assumed it would be yes;

So get it out of beta and we'll upgrade

The first RC is scheduled for Tuesday. At that point, the code is officially covered by the Pentaho support.

Give us some testing by throwing your reports at it (and of course, telling us what works and what does not), and we'll be ready for GA faster
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

i've sent a report that doesnt work to Anthony Carter - the support guy - was having problems with lines not appearing at all in M7 preview. He has said he'll pass it on to you.

There was a bug in the layouter that kicked out all the elements that had a height of zero. Lines do have a height of zero, and thus the layouter (what a lazy beast) simply ignored them. This has been fixed and the RC will render lines nicely.

(There are other bugs when exporting to the table-targets (HTML, Excel, RTF), certain lines may still not appear there. But at least they appear in PDF all the time now.)

ok great, i'll check out the RC as soon as it's available then.