Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: "endless" running data integration

Default "endless" running data integration

Hi everybody,

is it possible to set up an endless running data integration with pdi or are there limits? I checked already an endless looped job in pdi and it worked (till I stopped it) but is there any log-data overflow? or anything that would stop the pdi from working "endless" or at least endless still someone stops the process?

Thanks for any answer!

Endless loops in a Job would eventually cause a stack overflow because of the back-tracking algorithm that we use.
    To prevent this overflow we created a repeat option in the Start button.

End-less transformations do not have that drawback. However, as far as logging is concerned things could be a lot better in that respect. This will be fixed in 4.0.0-M2 btw.

Thanks a lot Matt - that is good news!

Another question - you talk about 4.0.0 I remember - looking at the Roadmap in Jira - that there should be a release of something 4.0(?). Are you behind schedule? When is the next release expected?

Thanks again!

Yeah, we're a few weeks behind schedule for 4.0.0-M1. Creating the versioning repository and repository plugin framework proved to be quite delicate. Although it still needs some small tweaks and improvements, I'm glad to report that at least that is all working fine.

The logging improvements will be started later this week if all goes well. (M2)