Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Unable to prepare procedure call error

Default Unable to prepare procedure call error

Hi,

We are working on a data migration project and we have done all our coding in Kettle using windows xp system. The production environment would be a linux system. Our assumption that the kettle script developed in windows systems works perfect in linux system too ... but i think our assumption has gone for a toss .....
    The callDBProcedure step is throwing the following error in linux "Unable to prepare database procedure call". Could someone please help us solve this issue.

Also please let me know what are the other points to take care in case of kettle code developed in windows system when deployed in linux systems.

Thanks in Advance.

Deepak

Default URGENT:unable to prepare procedure call error -callDBprocedure step

Guys,

Please help me out of the issue. Our code is supposed to be moved to production by 31st Jul. sorry to spam.

Regards
    Deepak

Whatever it is, it's got nothing to do with Linux unless... nah, can't think of anything.

Default unable to prepare procedure call error

Matt, i am actually surprised to find that the same piece of code works perfectly with windows system.
    I am not able to zero upon the reason.

you might wish to elaborate on that error string. I strongly suspect that your database is telling you more than "I can't do that"
    Fabian,
    doing ETL with his hands bound on his back

Ya sure,
    I have attached the screenshot of the error message as-is.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

A NPE usually means something is not filled in, can't be connected to etc.

Hi Matt,

I'm also facing the same issue. I using kettle version 3.2.0-GA. I have downloaded the binary version and using the same in both Windows and Linux environment.

But not sure of this NPE. I have provided all the details. Target database is MySQL which is again hosted in Linux. I'm actually invoking a MySQL stored function.

I'm attaching a small transformation, which i used to test 'Call DB Procedure' in Linux.

My requirement is to invoke a MySQL stored function and get a return value, which will be used to insert data into table output.

Please let me know some other alternative approach, where in i can invoke a stroed function and get the value.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
    Vasanth
    Attached Files Attached Files

You must think I'm delusional or something. Again, Linux has nothing to do with it. FYI, I have been developing PDI on Linux exclusively every day for the past 2 and half years.

Verify that you are allowed to connect to MySQL from the Linux box. Verify all sorts of things, do your homework.

I'm able to connect to the MySQL. Infact I could execute the MySQL Stored Function using 'Execute SQL Script' step.

I facing problem only when I use 'Call DB Procedure' step.

pstoellberger Guest

ya i am aware of that .... i have gone through the documentation.