Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: No of prompts allowed in secure prompt filter

Angry No of prompts allowed in secure prompt filter

Is there any limitation for the number of input strings that can be prompted in a secure prompt filter?

I get java.lang.NullPointerException when the input strings that are prompted exceeds 4.

nope no limit like that that ive seen.. I have reports with more prompts than that.

what version of the platform? whats the full stack trace? can you reproduce in a simple xaction? cut it down until it works then identify the error...

Dan

pstoellberger Guest

i remember getting weird NullPointerExceptions when a) parameters are not of type String b) when no default value is defined for them (even if its just blank - but the check box in design studio must be ticked)

I have checked the default value option for the input prompts. Also, the input parameters are of type string. Still, I am getting this Exception.

Error: Base.ERROR_0002 - Component execution failed - java.lang.NullPointerException (org.pentaho.plugin.core.SecureFilterComponent) is the exception thrown

I am fetching the values for the prompts from relational table. I use a single xaction to get the month values, Year values as two different result sets from a table. I have set the output type as "response". In the actual xaction, this is xaction file is called and the MONTH_LIST and YEAR_LIST are read.
    Last edited by rathana; 08-03-2009 at 12:16 AM. Reason: details

pstoellberger Guest

well i'm guessing you have misconfigured your secure filter action.
    can you post your xaction in here or on pastebin.com ?