Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "run-mailcap":

Default java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "run-mailcap":

heey guys

i generated report by PDI 2.0.0
    and it is saved as .report and works fine in pdi 2.0.0

i tried to run that report in citrus-M5 8824

i can preview it normally
    but when trying to viw it in pdf or rtf or any other format i got this error

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "run-mailcap":

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "run-mailcap": java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
    at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:474)
    at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:610)
    at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:483)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.designer.core.util.ExternalToolLauncher.execute(ExternalToolLauncher.java:178)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.designer.core.util.ExternalToolLauncher.openDefaultViewer(ExternalToolLauncher.java:237)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.designer.core.util.ExternalToolLauncher.openPDF(ExternalToolLauncher.java:67)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.designer.core.actions.report.preview.PreviewPdfAction$ExportTask.run(PreviewPdfAction.java:130)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)
    Caused by: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
    at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:164)
    at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:81)
    at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:467)
    ... 7 more

Iam using Open SUSE ,

although when i tried it on windows (VISTA) it was running , "but sometimes i got errors about java heap space "

i tried to search for that error "run-mailcap":

no results at all was displayed in google , even yahoo

if you are interested why that switching from pdi 2.0.0 to citrus

actually because of Page numbers , it is not working properly in pdi 2 when including subreports "i used sticky option "

does anyone know anything about this??

The "run-mailcap" programm is used to find the "best" application for a given mime-type. It is available on debian systems and quite handy. RC2 will ship with a private copy of this file so that all PRD can use this feature on all linux-distributions.

Until then you will have to configure the correct viewer manually by using "Edit->Preferences".

PS: You were probably using PRD, not PDI. Pentaho Data-Integration does not allow you to edit reports, but it is pretty good at editing ETL-transformations
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.